What Stupid Things Were You Counseled For?

by minimus 146 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82
    The very next Watchtower article was all "new light" about the heart---the same new light I had, long before!

Minimus is the faithful and discreet slave.

I say you next write to them about the importance of having beer available at the Kingdom Hall.

• FacePalm
    FacePalm

love this thread

for me it was having my sideburns too long, hair too long (it went a centimeter over my ear, the horror), after the counsel i cut my hair and burns for a few months, and then grew them much much larger, as well as adding more facial hair :-)

my sis was counseled for having her skirt too short (when she stood it was below her knees, when she sat it was right on her knees, how horrible)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

this is a good un, we had a couple of lads who came down to our cong from the North of England to our D/C and were considered not to be spiritually strong and the highlight for them was the piss up on the final day of the convention, I was approached and counselled not to go out with them.

• minimus
    minimus

FacePalm, WELCOME!!!!

Yes, Sir....I AM the FDS.

• undercover
    undercover

Welcome FacePalm...

Is this you?

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I was not serious enough. Told too many jokes at the kh.

• FacePalm
    FacePalm

damn it, im discovered!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Also I was counseled for not parting my hair. When I was younger and had hair, I used to comb my hair straight forward. The elder showed me a picture of Caesar and said that my hair looked just like Caesar's and that was not appropriate. I changed my hair combing to please him.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

SS; thats outrageous

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Got counseled for wearing a skort while doing a talk. Was told it looked too much like PANTS and sisters were not allowed to wear pants.

Was counseled for going out in service with a brother in his car with nobody else in the car...even though it was only the two of us who showed up to go out in service in the first place.

Was told not to hand out home made word search puzzles to the kids in the hall (I made them every week from words in the study article...they had to read the articles to find the words and the words were "complete this sentence" clues...so the kids had to basically read the articles and they had fun doing it and got mini candy bars as prizes from me when they turned the puzzles in. The parents LOVED this! The elders said that because I wasnt baptized yet, after a year being there 5 hours a week, that they couldnt trust that my puzzles didnt contain "apostate materials" and banned them as they were not Society sanctioned.

Was told I could not have private conversations with the brother I was going out with outside the hall away from everyone because people assumed we were looking for a place to make out. One of the really old elders would stand at the corner of the building with his arms crossed staring at us the entire time we were out there...until we came in. I was 32 years old. geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

Was told I could not participate in a group Watchtower study because these were just an opportunity to party like worldly people.

Couldnt go to night clubs unless an elder went with ...then we couldnt go at all. Witness bands were heavily discouraged as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit