Perhaps Had a " Ghost " Experience the Last 6 weeks on a Job ? You tell me

by flipper 86 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Notverylikely,

Not being an expert on the subject, I would imagine they either never really left or never went far from the place to begin with. But, I am sure the mall would have been a better choice.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK
    the mall would have been a better choice

Nah that's Hell your thinking of.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Paranormal experiences are all subjective, no doubt about that. I think they're real in the sense that people do report them and experience them, but I still can't decide if they're unexplained mental differences or whatever.

I'm also one of those people who have nearly dead on intuition about other people's emotions and even thoughts. Most of the time, I can guess what people are thinking, if they're lying and how they feel.

I told a therapist that and he laughed, not derisively, but knowingly. He told me some people just have amazingly good abilities to read body language. The theory is that when humans were less verbal, we were like dogs and some other social mammals, a hell of a lot better at reading body language, scent changes (like smelling fear), pupil dilation, blinks, nods, shifts of posture...all of that combines. Some people train in kinetics, which is an actual branch of psychological science and they also get amazingly good at it.

But, some of us who are more right brained, which implies more connection to non verbal language skills, are also innately terrific at reading kinetics. It's so good that it seems like some amazing telepathic ability. My therapist actually terms it being empathic, being naturally empathic. I'm also more right brained than is average, by quite a bit, according to tests.

I just happen to have a little genetic throwback ability there that we probably all had more of at one time in human evolution. I pay for it by being less left brained, which means I have a harder time with some other things. Most people are dominately left brained or evenly divided.

Being right brained dominant means I'm much more intuitive in my thinking, but it also means I have a harder time with schedules, details and being objective, and I have no sense of organization AT ALL. Right brainers tend to never put anything away, because when we can't see it anymore, it disappears from our mental inventory. I can't find things easily or organize them. I also have moderate dyscalculia, more typical in strongly right brained people.

Dyscalculia is a learning disability which has the symptoms of poor numeric manipulation, poor mental arithmetic skill, and the inability to either understand or apply mathematical concepts.

I've worked very hard to be average in math, and finally started getting Bs in it. A learning disability is defined as being naturally intelligent but doing poorly at one thing due to an organic brain difference or disability.

I have to do math differently than most people and learn it with different techniques, and I can't do it in my head no matter what, it's like how dyslexics can't visualize letters. The same thing happens to me with numbers....they literally jumble, turn weird colors and invert in my mind, everything goes very LSD on me. It's some sensory weirdness bullshit that drives me insane. I do okay after much extra tutoring as long as I have a calculator or paper, but can't do anything mathematical by visualization or concept.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Does it make u left handed?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Mind melda,

You described me pretty much to a T. I must be very right brained. I also can know what people are thinking (some times I wish I didn't). I also know that some people think I am crazy, ha, ha. But, there is a method to my madness LOL

I also think there is a jealousy in some people who look at me and think that I am 'breaking the rules' in society in one way or another. I don't really mean to. Like you, I also learned not to put things away because if it is out of sight, it is out of mind as well. I also am bad in math. I did learn to be organized though. I dislike clutter and I don't need a lot of possessions.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I'm also one of those people who have nearly dead on intuition about other people's emotions and even thoughts. Most of the time, I can guess what people are thinking, if they're lying and how they feel.

How do you know that you are dead on? People often think they know what I (or others) are feeling and thinking. They are sometimes right, sometimes wrong. Sometimes they are wrong but for simplicity I just let them think they are right. I am just asking how you KNOW.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

notverylikely,

It is not something you can explain, it is an instinct or a gut feeling. In my lifetime, my gut was right most of the time. You can't always know when you are wrong: You would have to get inside the other person's head and people would never be honest enough to tell you what they are REALLY thinking.

If it is a situation that is about a 'danger' to me: I ALWAYS follow my gut and would NEVER concern myself how anything looks to anybody else.

• undercover
    undercover

Did this ghost look like Patrick Swayze? If not, it was probaly an electrical circuit problem...

• cult classic
    cult classic

Well Flipper what do you think about what everyone says? Where are you?... lol

• flipper
    flipper

I was working all last night into this morning on my Janitorial jobs. Had to get a 5 hour nap as I was exhausted. Thanks for all the replies ! Lots of interesting things to consider . Man ! I didn't know so many people are intrigued by this anomaly . So many responses - I'll pick some of the more " information " loaded ones to respond to- thanks to everyone though.

My initial response is I'm still undecided on what it was. It very well could be electrical problems like some of you have mentioned. Old buildings tend to have that to be sure. One way I could find out if my customer IS having electrical problems is to call them and tell them what I've noticed the last 6 weeks. Ask THEM if they have noticed any flickering lights during the day at the office.

The other option I have is to ask around and research the history of that particular office - which in the 1800's used to be a residence. Find out the history of the building like some of you mentioned. Were there any murders there or foul play over the last 150 years ?

Thanks for the links Blondie, and DISSED - I don't think I want to invite the ghost to Tahoe to see me dance naked- that might REALLY scare away the spirit ! LOL ! It sounds like you really had an experience with something suprnatural at that store ! LOL ! Anyway- thanks for ALL the comments. Have any of you had experiences with flickering lights before ? It just seems strange to me that it happens for 6 straight weeks- then once I say something to the alleged " ghost " - it totally stops, nothing.

I'll tell you what I'll do - I will call my customer as soon as I'm done posting this and ASK them if they have noticed lights flickering ? How does THAT sound ? Then that will satisfy EVERYBODY's curiosity who has posted here, O.K. ? I'll be back in a few minutes after I've called my customer. See ya in a few

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit