Perhaps Had a " Ghost " Experience the Last 6 weeks on a Job ? You tell me

by flipper 86 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

O.K. I've never been one to believe in " Ghosts " . I'm open to the possibility that there may exist SOMETHING in the afterlife or spirit world- I just don't know what it is. Having been out of the witnesses over 6 years I had my fill of being a Jehovah's Witness and being told how " scared " I should be of Satan or the demons. So when this experience happened- I just rolled with it not concerned.

I clean an office out west here in our old gold rush town which is upstairs and probably dates mid 1850's when it was built. They've been a customer for 2 years and I never had an incident until 6 weeks ago. I clean this office once a week at 3:00 A.M. in the morning. It started when I went in one of two offices I clean . After cleaning for about 5 minutes - the flourescent lights above me would flicker. As I'd walk from desk to desk emptying trashes - each light above me would flicker on and off . In the restroom where a light bulb was only 3 feet from my head on the wall- IT TOO would flash on and off flickering when I'd clean this restroom. Same in the kitchen area. This happened like clockwork for 6 straight weeks. Then 5 minutes right before I'd leave each time- it would stop.

An aquaintance of mine recommended me to " talk " to it and explain my purpose. I thought, well- O.K. why not ? I mean nobody is with me cleaning- they won't think I'm nuts . So- I tried it a couple weeks ago. After the entity made the lights flicker a lot one night- even to the point of ALL the lights at once ( even affected the computers backup as I heard the computers re-setting themselves ! ) With the lights all on it stopped again 5 minutes before leaving. So I said out loud to " whatever it is " - " Hello, you seem to have been wanting to connect with me . I come in peace, I mean you no harm. Just here doing a job. I hope things are going well for you. I know you may be lonely, I understand, been there myself before. But take care of yourself, hope you do well, I'm just here working. If you'd like to communicate more I'm willing to listen ! "

No response at all. Nothing. So - feeling kind of foolish I loaded my equipment and went to the next job. This last week I went back to clean and presto ! Nothing. No lights flickering, nothing ! For the first time in 6 weeks, nothing. So I ask the " spiritists " of the board - Did I satisfy this entity's curiosity by talking to it ? So it decided that " Flipper's cool " and it won't come again, or what ? LOL ! Or next time should I try to speak to it again to see if it responds? I'm not scared of it . Got over my JW paranoia long ago. I'm kind of thinking it just wanted me to respond and it's cool with me being there. I don't know. It's strange. Butas always- I look forward to your responses ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

They are bulbs that were installed at the same time, hence its most likely that they will weaken out at the same time,

movement in the room can make them flicker off and on..

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Having experienced things of a supernatural nature myself, I do believe in spirits. It does sound like you talking to this spirit satisfied it in some way. It may over time it will contact you again in some way, hard telling. It doesn't sound like it is harmful, however.

• asilentone
    asilentone

maybe someone is playing tricks on you, it might not be the ghosts. It might be some kind of motion detector or something like that.

• only me
    only me

Sure sounds like you might have encountered a friendly entity . I believe in ghosts of various kinds, perhaps you could do a little sleuthing and find out some of the people who were connected to the building? Might be interesting. Personally I would say a greeting to it when I entered the area where it seems to exist. Only polite if you think someone might be there. On the other hand, it may just be an electrical surge or something else that could be a mundane explanation.

I have had a few interesting ghostly encounters, I have my own theories about them, but I don't believe they are usually dangerous or malevolent. I think the Witness view of demons is very childish. I think demonic encounters are very rare and are not usually random occurances.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Based on what you describe Flipper, it seems to me that there any many potential explanations. The only way to be sure that this is some kind of supernatural experience as opposed to a fault with the power supply or some other form of interference would be to gather some kind of verifiable information. This has apparently been done in the past by establishing some kind of code (knocks or flashes) to answer yes/no question or to spell out words though it could be quite laborious. Without this kind of information it would be difficult to establish for sure it was anything not explicable by a more mundane explanation.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

The fact that the lights seem to respond to your suggestions is kind of intriguing. I can't think of a natural phenomena that would explain that.

I've had a good many supernatural experiences myself, but I've always been the sort of person that other people who are into metaphysics, psychics, would spontaneously walk up to and ask if I were psychic myself.

As a child, I used to accurately guess people's thoughts and feelings to the point where I freaked them out...I remember a neighbor of ours complaining to my mother about how "weird" I was. Which is an interesting word, since "weird" originally meant someone who had the psychic gifts in the Celtic culture.

I had a Welsh witch (a healer, midwife who practiced herbalism and potion making back in the 1800s...the whole village lived in awe of her "powers", I guess, from what I found out when we had a genealogical profile done on that side of the family) for an ancestor, she was a great great grandmother. People say these "gifts" are inherited, which is plausible if you believe that some people just have different brains that have sensory perceptions that other's don't or have it more finely tuned, or something.

I don't know if it's a con to believe in the supernatural or not, but I don't care from a personal point of view. When I was a Witness, I was sure that I was having these experiences because I wasn't a "good" Witness and Satan was bothering me. All I care about is that I'm no longer living in fear of the unknown, not in the supernatural sense.

Now that I have gotten rid of my fear, I merely find these experiences interesting and sometimes, even enjoyable.

• blondie
  • watson
    watson

Now, if you shouted Jehovah's name, and the tubes started exploding, then I might have been concerned..

• Violia
    Violia

There are other explantions other than the supernatural, but what you did caused no harm and may have helped.

I heard my mother and father in a bedroom they once shared in my home. I did not feel afraid, I did exactly what you did. I went in and just talked to them and encourged them to go on the the next phase of their life b/c they were no longer alive as human beings. I also told them that the things JWS had taught us were wrong so not to be afraid. It felt peaceful and they left . I have not heard one thing from that bedroom or anywhere else since.

I had consulted with someone prior to doing this and they told me that in reality that is all those people do who come out and help possible spirits in your home move on. I also found out that house blessings etc were very commmon -that many people consider this when buying a home. ( did someone die here, was there a murder here, etc)

So it may have all just been electrical, but you feel better and it stopped , so who got hurt?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit