DC 2010 Releases and info

by JWFreak 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Any scans of the brochures yet?

• KnowlegeSeeker_UK
    KnowlegeSeeker_UK

I remember working the microphones in (95?) when the 'new light' was announced. I answered the paragraph as a young teen, not really grasping what it all meant despite a deep bible knowlge. Then a sister answered saying " I have to adjust my thinking... I grew up thinkinh I would never go to high school, but now I have to accept that my children may see the end but I may not.. we serve with faith not by dates or for the hope of reward".

Now this siter was young, in her early 30's anyway. I remember thinking WOAH !!!! Hang on, .... shes right.... they are saying it may not come for a very very long time. Then how the hell could they be saying right up to a few months ago.. dont worry the dudes from 1914 are all nearly a billion years old!!! It was sold to us in times of difficulty as a measuring stick!Now the JW's just have the infamous unbiblical words "just around the corner" and we are "at the finishing line".

I also remember the flip flopping as I began to take interest in serious doctrine at age 13/14 as to whether Babylon The Great had fallen. Depending who you asked you got a different answer. Every cong has the wise old sister, so I went to her, she showed me a KM that said it had fallen and did so in 1919 (ish maybe a few years later) and that it was in the process of being destroyed. Now I was a busy lil preacher as a kid and was studying with a Muslim guy, I had researched Islam in my futile attempt to convert him. I knew that while the society claimed that babylon the great had fallen as church and chapel sizes diminished, Islam was the fastest growing religion in the world, now up in the 60,000,000 region. Then I realised that the society never slate Buddihsm or Islam or Jedi's.... just Easy prey catholics. Not only that but the nasty bile that is thrown at catholics is not thrown back... this really got me thinking. I remember arguing with a family member about nuns. I said "do you REALLY think they know their religion is wrong but CHOOSE to stay because they are evil and therefore deserve to die at Armageddon???"

This all spewed from that change in belief of the Generation.... that and at the age of like 12 realising "hey hang on.... who the hell invented the sword...! WHY DID GOD INVENT A SWORD ?" ...think about it..... (first sword in the bible...i.e. in existance)

• DeathSentry
    DeathSentry

I stopped attending after I saw the article in the Watchtower..after 33 years... and I think of my poor parents who believed (and still do) all these years; now they won't be able to live right through armageddon... its all so sad.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

at the age of like 12 realising "hey hang on.... who the hell invented the sword...! WHY DID GOD INVENT A SWORD ?" ...think about it..... (first sword in the bible...i.e. in existance)

That's awesome!

I never even thought of that. Genesis 3:24. God puts an angel with a sword at the entrance to Eden. Why in the world would a sword have been needed or even invented at that point in history if the Bible is to be taken as accurate?

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

at the age of like 12 realising "hey hang on.... who the hell invented the sword...! WHY DID GOD INVENT A SWORD ?" ...think about it..... (first sword in the bible...i.e. in existance)

huh... interesting statement/question. Another one of those WTF moments.

• troylockhart05
    troylockhart05

i love the new publication! It is just amazing and what we need in these last days ! I was in tears, and then they mentioned the Vocal renditions 2 can't wait for part 3. Remain close to Jehovah was the best truth I have ever head :)

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Studies in the Scriptures is an amazing publication. Just what we need in the last of the last days...

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

troy, don't you realize this is an APOSTATE website?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit