DC 2010 Releases and info

by JWFreak 77 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82
    192 page book - God's word for us through Jeremiah
    Oh fantasic, because the Isaiah books were so popular...

Well, at least it's shorter!

The Isaiah books were 2 volumes, 500+ pages.

What were they thinking?

• moshe
    moshe
    and allow smoking again!

The explanation given back then- before 1975, at the assembly I attended- was that Jehovah's Earthly org had to be physically and spiritually clean to enter into the new system of things- which was coming in just a few more months! (everyone was given six months to quit) Quite a few of those JWs who quit smoking, so they could be certain to make it through Armageddon, are now dead. Not much for JW's to be proud of today- they can't even sling out the hash to 20-50,000 convention attendees like they did 40 years ago.

• besty
    besty

lol at Moshe - so the choice is :

1 - dead non-smoking JW

or

2 - dead smoking non-JW

I think I can see the common theme there......

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Thanks for the info. It is interesting what new publications they will now promote. They mentioned the generation in the March 15, 2010 Watchtower, the COs are including this in a talk on their recent visits, the June 15, 2010 Watchtower talks about the generation, and now the District Convention has a talk on the generation. They are sure trying hard to convince ones of the new understanding of the generation.

• yknot
    yknot

JWF: I look forward to the outline!!!!!

For the release info------

• agonus
    agonus

"the new understanding of the generation."

Don't you mean the new non-understanding?

Agonus, of the "the word 'class' never appears in the Bible" class

• pirata
    pirata

JWFreak, Thank you very much!

• carla
    carla

What?! two groups of anointed and the r & f? I don't get it.

• yknot
    yknot

Carla...

At the 2009 AGM the GB unveiled some 'noo-light clarification' on the generation......

It is officially mentioned in April 15, 2010 WT.....

Essentially it says that the generation that saw the events of 1914 (enthronment/paraousia) will overlap with the generation that will see the 'end'.

Here is an excerpt from "HOLY SPIRIT’S ROLE IN THE OUTWORKING OF JEHOVAH’S PURPOSE

13 Third, holy spirit is at work in bringing Bible truths to light. (Prov. 4:18) This magazine has long been used by “the faithful and discreet slave” as the primary channel for dispensing increased light. (Matt. 24:45) For example, consider our understanding of those who make up “this generation” mentioned by Jesus. (Read Matthew 24:32-34.) To what generation did Jesus refer? The article “Christ’s Presence—What Does It Mean to You?” explained that Jesus was referring, not to the wicked, but to his disciples, who were soon to be anointed with holy spirit.Jesus’ anointed followers, both in the first century and in our day, would be the ones who would not only see the sign but also discern its meaning—that Jesus “is near at the doors.”
    14 What does this explanation mean to us? Although we cannot measure the exact length of “this generation,” we do well to keep in mind several things about the word “generation”: It usually refers to people of varying ages whose lives overlap during a particular time period; it is not excessively long; and it has an end. (Ex. 1:6) How, then, are we to understand Jesus’ words about “this generation”? He evidently meant that
    the lives of the anointed whowere on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation. That generation had a beginning, and it surely will have an end. The fulfillment of the various features of the sign clearly indicate that the tribulation must be near. By maintaining your sense of urgency and keeping on the watch, you show that you are keeping up with advancing light and following the leadings of holy spirit.—Mark 13:37.
    See TheWatchtower, February 15, 2008, pages 21-25.
  • agonus
    agonus

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me two, three, four hundred times, shame on me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit