Some thing for woman to think about

by is there help out there 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Odrade
    Odrade

Daring: you have a PM. :)

• yknot
    yknot

(well didn't this conversation get interesting! ..... much more intersesting than the WTstudy!)

So Daringhart.....

You are on the West Coast.....

That in itself explains a lot!

I suggest you try and discern that most JWgals are very obedient morally beyond your western borders......

Maybe consider a gal from the South (worldly or jw)

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Thanks Odrade and yKnot,

I need to start over......and I apologize to all. I've chaired thousands of committees....starting at 27 years old. I apologize......I know my viewpoint is damaged and to be very upfront, I see a counselor (ironic huh?) for my time as an elder.

I'll try to recognize when I'm stepping out of bounds....... I do love women...... and having a great mother and being privy to so many unhappy marriages for two decades..... has messed with my head. I know it.

Thanks for understanding. And I apologize to all. This is part of the fall out of being an elder.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Now here is an attractive guy:

I'll try to recognize when I'm stepping out of bounds....... I do love women...... and having a great mother and being privy to so many unhappy marriages for two decades..... has messed with my head. I know it.

Thanks for understanding. And I apologize to all. This is part of the fall out of being an elder.

A kiss to you for your efforts daringhart13!

r.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You are on the West Coast.....

That in itself explains a lot!

You really think so? So west coast jw girls have a rep of being somewhat loose? Is that true? Cuz it's a new one on me?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Almost all woman want to get married and have children.

That's because this world SAYS all women SHOULD WANT to get married and have children, that that is pretty much the only reason for their existence (may you all have peace!). Which is a lie. Men and women were brought into existence to give glory to God... individually and collectively... in how they exist, how they live... and how they live with others. Whether single or "married" (joined to a mate).

As a result of their own insecurities and uncertainty about THEIR purpose for existing (i.e., can make children, but can't have 'em)... have used reality of the "weaker" vessel of the female body (i.e., during pregnancy) to create a societal "norm" that says women are weaker in ALL respects... and at all times. [Unfortunately, Paul, who a great many in the "christian" world follow... further perpetuated this lie with his teaching on women, which, like other things he expounded on, where in opposition to what Christ taught. Sadly, very many so-called "christian" men, rather than working opposite to the prophecy that the FLESHLY male would "dominate" the female of his species... actually find some personal joy and fulfillment in living up to that prophecy. Praise JAH, my Lord did not and those who claim to follow HIM... should look at his SPIRITUAL example.]

Although carrying a child does make a woman's body and the child she is carrying vulnerable... to sickness as well as physical trauma... that a woman CAN carry a child... and bring it into the world through a very small opening... and SURVIVE that (in most instances) along with its accompanying pain... is actually evidence of the STRENGTH of that body. Most men can't handle a good sinus headache without having to take something and go to bed. True, our muscles may not always reach the capacity level of the male body... but there is SO much more our bodies can do that the male body cannot do.

We can also hold our own mentally, emotionally, psychologically... and spiritually. There is a reason my Lord showed himself to the women FIRST. For one, they stayed with him until his last breath. The men... ran and hid.

Also, women have been raising children without men almost from day one. Men were lost in hunting, accidents, fights, war... to sickness and old age. Yet, let a single father show up and, my goodness, the whole community is ready to turn out and give a hand. Neighboring women offer to cook, clean, babysit, whathaveyou. Because, of course, "he can't do it all by himself." Yet, women do "it"... all by themselves every day.

My point? The ONLY reason "almost all women want to get married and have children" is because man's society tells them that they SHOULD they should want to and they they're pretty much "nothing" if they don't (very convenient for men, wouldn't you say?). And SO many WOMEN... "dominate" their sisters/daughters... by believing and also perpetuating this way of thinking. Indeed, misery does love company, doesn't it? And who wants to be a nothing? No one. Certainly not men, and neither do women.

IF, however, the world's society had come to the right conclusion... that married OR single... parent OR childless... all persons have value... then more women who have children but probably SHOULDN'T... would most probably WOULDN'T have them... to the benefit of ALL.

I don't believe, however, that that is going to occur in the world as we know it. Because there's a funny thing about these things: most people who are oppressed, for whatever reason, actually end up even MORE loyal to the systems and persons perpetuating the thinking, than those who started it. And so, they further the push. As the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies Himself said: "And my people are LOVING it." Just look at the people still the WTBTS... and institutions like that: remaining although they KNOW they are being lied to, even defending those who create and perpetuate the lies... and then using those same lies to oppress and enslave others.

Earthling man... and woman. Go figure.

Again, peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

My SIL opened up to me on our last visit and told me how lonely she was and how tired she was of hearing.."well you get to travel" She has been all over for International conventions and looks to be a happy single sister on the outside. Inside she wants so bad to have those feelings that she sees all around her. She is in her 40's and has never had a boyfriend or kiss and she longs for that connection not to mention she would love to have children:(

She told me it's getting so bad that when she attends weddings she feels jealous..especially because it's always some young beautiful sister. Something that she feels she could never compete with.

She says she gets plenty of attention from worldly men..coworkers but she just feels bad that she would even consider that thought.

I told her I couldn't imagine how she feels and how unfair I think it is for women to sit and wait to be the chosen one...I told her I wouldn't blame her one bit if she made a decision to make some choices that others may shun upon...At least she knows she has some support if she choses to follow her heart sometime..

It's just so sad because I know if she wasn't in the Org she would have been married with kids a long time ago. Now she may never get that chance.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

And if you find a guy, this is what you're expected to be.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

These Mars vs. Venus threads are great. A breath of fresh air compared to the monthly, sometimes weekly Trinity threads, or Evolution vs. Creation threads. There are few things in life as entertaining as getting a woman riled up.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Witness men in general, are no different from any other sort of men. The trouble is, that just like the women, they think they're supposed to be something no man could be.

Unrealistic expectations about sex, marriage and love are just part of this whole bag o' crap religion because it's unrealistic about everything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit