Some thing for woman to think about

by is there help out there 82 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

"Having a person subject to me was not a good thing. It makes you lazy about being concerned for the other person's feelings and opinion. It is so much easier to simply say what YOU think is right and let the other dig deep and deal with it."

That is such a powerful statement to me, Terry. Well put.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Terry said:

I thought I was a good person before I married. But, marrying a JW sister and me being a JW brother brought out unhealthy aspects of my personality I'd not discovered before.
    Having a person subject to me was not a good thing. It makes you lazy about being concerned for the other person's feelings and opinion. It is so much easier to simply say what YOU think is right and let the other dig deep and deal with it.
    JW women have no place to turn. Many end up being gossips and snitches. It is an unhealthy outlet for their pent up sense of injustice.
    A control freak Organization rips your sense of reality right out of you. You get swallowed up in the Armageddon fantasy. You have to steel yourself to be unconcerned about the fate of billions of people who will die.
    Other people...religious people who care about right and wrong and morality---must be looked upon cynically as goats and dupes.
    No....the prospects of getting married to a JW of either sex is soul killing and empty.

Sorry for quote overkill, but I thought every word of that needed to be repeated.

Thanks, Terry.

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

sad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit