Furor grows over Arizona's illegal immigration law

by Sam Whiskey 213 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    it was common knowledge that the Mexicans in the kitchen were illegals. I bet they are still working there while my son is out of work.

Misocup ...

Perhaps your son could learn some Spanish and then pawn himself off as an illegal so he can get a job.

Rub a Dub

• beksbks
    beksbks

Gee Burn, your silly comment about vacation destinations elicited a silly comment from me. What happened to your sense of humor??

The law doesn't authorize the police to just pull someone over. There has to be a different reason for initiating contact, such as a traffic violation.

You should listen to the Sheriff from Pima, he had several excellent comments from the point of view of someone out there actually doing the job. Apparently this bill does not please many of the cops who now have to enforce it.

It seems like many here are confusing the opposition to this law with approval of illegal immigration.

• GramblingMan
    GramblingMan

To Misocup,

This statement you made is not true, I work in public aid. You are just making general statements with no facts to support them.

No citizen would be denied because of race. TANF/food stamps does not consider race when determining if you are eligible.

When my daughter needed public assistance after her ex left her and their 6 week old son, they told her they couldn't do anything for her because she isn't a minority.

and to Sapphire, you make it sound so easy. Trust me, it is not. There are only a few green card numbers that come up each year for England, not nearly as many afforded to other countries. There is a "Diversity" program, that allows more flexibility to some countries.

There is a definite preference when it comes to govt. assistance, and it is not in the favor of whites. Not racist, just fact. I doubt it happens all over the country but it really does happen here in the South West.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

God you are soooo wrong! We had one of the best immigration lawyers in NY checking the facts for us. We know what we are doing.

Um, excuse me, but how wrong can I be when I DID IT? Who says your lawyer is the "best"? Him? Fire his ass and do it yourself. That's how I did it. You don't need a lawyer to become a citizen and anyone who falls for a lawyer saying you do is, well, ......

As far as getting other family members into the US, well, now is probably not the best time to try. Concern yourself with yourself and then worry about the fam later.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

When my daughter needed public assistance after her ex left her and their 6 week old son, they told her they couldn't do anything for her because she isn't a minority.

BULLSHIT!

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

what would happen if a us citizen went into mexico without his PAPERS?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Trust me, it is not.

That has been what I have seem for others also. My ex-boss recently married a French and Canadian citizen. They have had to spend a great deal of money and time to get his legal residency and work permission in the US. He still can't work here legally, and she is supporting him. I'm not saying that bluesapphire is lying, it's just that this is not what I have seen others have to go through.

BTS

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Okay, I think I see the discrepancy, BTS:

I am speaking as a person who was ALWAYS HERE LEGALLY. I had a green card and a right to work my entire life. It took me four months *and I did it myself* to get my citizenship. I had no lawyer and it only cost $650 bucks. Here is the website that explains the process for LEGAL RESIDENTS to get their citizenship: www.uscis.gov

It sounds like you are speaking about a person who IS NOT HERE LEGALLY to begin with. MAJOR DIFFERENCE!!!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    It sounds like you are speaking about a person who IS NOT HERE LEGALLY to begin with.

No, he was never here illegally.

BTS

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

So does he have a green card? Why doesn't he have the right to work? This makes no sense. Either:

1. He came here legally with a tourist visa and no right to work and let his visa expire and is thus now here ILLEGALLY and has no right to work or;

2. He came here illegally to begin with and has no green card and no right to work or;

3. He came here legally, got married, visa expired BEFORE he got his permanent resident status/green card or;

4. He came here legally, has always had a green card and has always had a right to work.

What other scenario is possible?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit