Furor grows over Arizona's illegal immigration law

by Sam Whiskey 213 Replies latest jw friends

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

What am I missing? Why are the ILLEGAL immigrants DEMANDING their rights? They're illegal, they don't have the rights of an American Citizen because they are not Citizens. So why is everyone, including O'Bama against closing the borders and keeping illegals out? It seems there are many that want to keep them coming in. Even the White House is saying they're going to go to court to overturn the law. Why? Isn't keeping them out a good thing? Or is it because it the Police too much power?

I genuinely don't understand, could someone enlighten me?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100427/ap_on_re_us/us_immigration_enforcement;_ylt=AqEvX7zgOBnNeZqc9G60yHsDW7oF;_ylu=X3oDMTJ2Nzhoc2luBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwNDI3L3VzX2ltbWlncmF0aW9uX2VuZm9yY2VtZW50BHBvcwM3BHNlYwN5bl9hcnRpY2xlX3N1bW1hcnlfbGlzdARzbGsDZnVyb3Jncm93c292

• Scott77
    Scott77

Sam,

Immigration is a hot botton issue. The federal govt has an obligation by law to address it. However, AZ state feels its been too long overdue. The Feds have not taken up the issue since obama started his administration. I think Obama wants to deal with it within the confine of federal law where it is properly belongs, hence his statement to the effect that he might go to court for that matter. Think about it. Obama, during campaigning for presidency, he stated his plan to legalize Gay rights but over the year, he has been slow. I was not suprised when last year, he sent Department of Justice Attorneys to defend the non-Gay marriage in MA state. Alot of people were surprised. Personally, I think the AZ anti immigration law is a good one in that, its going to make the Obama administration to think twice for their inaction on comprehensive immigration legislation. They need to do something about it. Inaction is not an excuse. That is it.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

All of the illegals that are on the streets protesting should be rounded up immediately by local law enforcement and/or The National Gaurd, and deported IMMEDIATELY. They don't have a right to protest, they are illegals mooching off of the law-abiding, tax-paying Citizens of the USA.

Don't want to go through the proper channels to become a US Citizen? Get the f*ck out, we don't want you here using up our resources that are intended for REAL citizens. Take your "culture" with you as well, that belongs in your "homeland" of Mexico, or wherever you came from. Become a US Citizen and leave all the rest behind.

Obama is a turd, and the only reason he is slacking on immigrant reform is because he knows he's going to need the "legal" Latino vote come 2012. He won't get it if he's hard on illegal immigration.

Think illegal immigration is harmless? Just look at California. The illegals have bankrupted and brought that state to it's knees, and it's all because you have the highest rate of illegals in the nation riding upon the backs of the legal citizens who pay taxes - there is not enough to go around. When they decided a few short years ago to issue driver's licenses to illegals, I knew it was going to be all downhill for them, and I was right. They are trying to prop up an illegal immigrant population with all of the state's "entitlement programs" like free health care for kids, more kids in schools, etc, etc.

- Wing Commander

• designs
    designs

The current furor is a little ethnic centered on Mexicans, you don't see a big furor over the illegal Norwegians running loose in New York city

But what do you do when the illegal couple have children born in this country, split up a family, send them all back to the parents country of origin. Would you send a family back to Juarez. Or create the process to legalize people or have extended stay visas like we did in the early 90's when the El Salvadorians came here fleeing the civil war in their country.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Sam Whiskey

I understand you fully. It couldn't be more clear in my mind.

They call them "undocumented" or some other horse s**t and yet we know what happens when them people come across the border. They bring poverty and disease. Makes me just uncomfortable thinking about it.

Then they pack a dozen of 'em in back of a pick-up truck and wait in front of the Home Depot or other places for a day's work. Makes me disgusted when I have to see them. You just don't feel safe anymore.

And it's not just an isolated thing along the border, they spread all over the country.

It's bad enough when you have to ride through a bad part of town and see the other ones selling fried chicken everywhere. With these illegals coming in, now you see taco stands everywhere. Fried chicken on one corner, tacos on the other. And none of them speak good English.

Sam Whiskey, I agree with you 100%. Time for us to get our guns and drive them people back to Mexico, Africa or wherever else they came from.

God Bless America.

Rub a Dub

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Even the White House is saying they're going to go to court to overturn the law.

As a nation, we have a right to autonomy. Autonomy includes enforcing geographic restrictions, which in turn includes who gets to come in our "house."

Illegal immigrants are "trespassing" on our national "premises."

While "trespassing", a significant fraction of them "raid our fridge" and consume other resources--through social entitlement programs funded by legal residents--taxpayers.

Additionally, illegal immigrants compete with legal residents for jobs. This drives down wages, especially for the bottom end of the economic ladder.

With real unemployment near 20%, this is a very bad thing!

Legal immigrants, of course, are here with our permission. Many of them have spent large amounts of money and waited for years for the privilege to live in the US. Illegal immigrants go to the head of the line, and cut in. Amnesty rewards this bad behavior and encourages it in the future.

From what I understand, the AZ law forbids profiling based on race alone.

It merely empowers Arizona law enforcement to, you know, enforce the law!

I don't see what legitimate legal objection Obama has.

Maybe someone could enlighten me?

BTS

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think it's the rights of the legal immigrants, who are targeted just for being Mexican, that's in question here.

• Gregor
    Gregor

True news item - Yesterday protestors smeared a swastika on a building in Phoenix(?). They didn't use paint. They did it with re-fried beans.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    From what I understand, the AZ law forbids profiling based on race alone.

And how exactly do you legislate that? It's at the discretion of the law enforcement officer, even one who may not be trained in immigration.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I have known, and been dear friends with, many illegal immigrants of Mexican and Central American origin. This was especially true when I was a JW, since I went to a Spanish congo that was about 80% Mexican.

I have known many illegal immigrants that are otherwise decent, hardworking, and devoted to their families. I used to spend a lot of time in camps of migrant farmworkers giving JW "bible" studies, and trying to teach some of them to read and write.

By and large, these are not "bad" people.

I really can't blame them for breaking our law to have a chance to earn more money to care for their families in Mexico. My heart goes out to them.

What would I do under similar circumstances?

What would you do?

I really don't want to see these people mistreated, however, something really must be done.

Our government's most immediate responsibility is to it's own citizen's welfare and safety. We can't have a wide open door. We can only assimilate so many people at a time.

There are no easy solutions to this immigration problem, and blanket amnesty isn't one of them.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit