Furor grows over Arizona's illegal immigration law

by Sam Whiskey 213 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

So in other words BRock, you don't understand the headline?

Arizona is now the first state to make it a crime.

• leavingwt
  • beksbks
    beksbks

LWT, goofy that they don't require ID to vote. And even goofier if it's considered racist.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

It seems that it's a "crime" to have the wrong address on your license. Lucky for me, I haven't moved lately.. like I'm gonna go stand in that line just to get my address changed...yea right.

Here in AR you have 30 days to change the address on your DL after you move. I have gotten a warning ticket for not doing it and one of my sons actually got a ticket for not having his updated in a timely manner.

purps

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

"LWT, goofy that they don't require ID to vote. And even goofier if it's considered racist."

I agree. I hope at the very least that you have to sign next to your name when you vote and that your name isn't listed at more than one location.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

When times were good, we needed the illegals to mow our lawns or build our homes. Now, they are taking jobs we need.

When times were good, we didn't mind so much their filling our schools, jails, hospitals, etc. getting government help. Now that our governments are broke, we despise them taking . . . but not paying employment and income taxes.

When they were "good", we didn't mind the occassional Mexican party. Now, their human trafficking and drug wars are spilling into our cities.

As a Nation, we need to defend our borders. Terrorists could easily enter through Canada or Mexico.

Washington DC has been too inactive on this problem. They needed to come up with a solution. Complete the fence, secure the borders, provide an avenue for taxation of guest and farm workers, etc.

So, I understand Arizona's being frustrated and passing this law. But, I don't think it will pass Constitutional muster.

• logic
    logic

Maybe I have missed something, has the meaning of illegal changed. I love that news article , they have made

it a crime to be an illegal alien. You know they still round up illegals and send them back across the borders.

It just has to be immigration or border patrol , I have witnessed it many, many times. On construction

sites myself and fellow workers used to guess how long before the border patrol showed up . The longest

was one week. I just do not see what the problem is. just inforce the actual law that is place right now.

What the hell do we need another one for.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Long but worth the read.

2,000 Miles Along the Us-mexican Border

In the imminent US midterm elections, immigration is a critical issue. Gary Younge travels the length of the US-Mexican border to test the water.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/113158.html

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I haven't read every thread but the uproar is also coming from those in the country who are natural citizens concerned with getting hassled because of skin color. In Arizona they can ask you for ID if they think your an IA. That goes for Hispanic Italian Greek any culture who would have olive skin..... sound familiar remember the 60's-till ummmm now? Your family came over 60 years ago but now it is alright to be hassled cause of skin color (legally). I'm not saying there isn't a problem right now, but I remember when the menu was in English not English and Spanish, this country has made it easy come on I mean how many of your kids watch Dora the explorer? And this is coming from someone who married an IA because of love, not a fucking Green card which the government holds on to like their fucking balls.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Ohio is now looking over the AZ law and considering one in the same manner. I think it's Dallas that is going back to court to fight for the right of 'legal renting' only - it would be against the law to rent to illegals.

I have never understood the rationale behind any country, not just the USA, in their immigration enforcement. Those of us who spent time and money to do things legally - some people have been in the system for years - are in many ways made to feel like the fool. The rules include not working until legal, not breaking the law and not using government services. So we don't. Others do all of those things for many years and find protection in sanctuary cities - so I don't understand why there are immigration laws at all if there is not total compliance. Refusing to do so is negating the whole experience for everyone who took the steps to become legal.

Let's face it - the surefire way to start would be to go after employers - even if the employer is the contractor picking up one of one hundred illegals outside the Home Depot. Or picking up the illegals who go to the hospital - the schools - maybe changing the laws regarding children born to non legal residents. It's easy if it was truly desired but one has to assume that this has been a posturing issue and not a real one.

I should say by the way that illegal immigration is not just a problem in the USA but people everywhere around the world appear to be having the same issues - especially noticeable in distressed economies. This makes me wonder why, if the majority of people around the world want some sort of enforced immigration policy for their country, all of the governments refuse to listen. What collaboration goes on between security and top officials in countries that we don't know about, that would make those officials turn a blind eye to the demands of the majority of the population. sammieswife

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit