Calling Perry Out (and any others who want to participate)

by OnTheWayOut 150 Replies latest members adult

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks for that info, Perry.

That has been my take on things all along.

Sylvia

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

PSacramento

I doubt if there is anything anyone could say to you that would stop you believing what you choose to. You will find a way round, through, over, under, between and every which way including loose, as long as it keeps your faith alive and Jesus in your mind.

I know you are sincere in your belief in Jesus and try to live the way you believe he would want you to. I am unable to perform those tricks of the mind any more but I wish you all the best and hope it continues to work for you.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

OMG - the hoops that Christians will jump through to justify God/Rape/Slaughter/Murder/Incest!

Nations are routed and millions murdered and they call excuse it. Women are raped and enslaved and they find ways to make it otherwise in their little minds.

These Jews who killed and raped and plundered were just madmen greedily seeking landholdings and filling their lusts. They used God to justify it just like the 911 murderers did. Or was that just a little accident in NY?

Jesus Christ - does no inhumanity move you Biblical apologist to accept reality and stop excusing your God?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Jesus HAD to come because the word of God that was "getting out" was NOT the word of the true God.
    There is very little to make me believe Jesus didn't intend to show his disciples that the Jewish god was NOT HIS FATHER. He went along with their culture only as far as necessary to avoid being completely shunned. THEN, he stepped over the line, both claiming and demonstrating his divinity, and the volcano-god worshippers killed him for it.
    He was the ultimate representative of his Father, as much God as it is possible to be and remain a visible entity within our universe. He never once is recorded as saying the god the Jews worshipped was his Father.
    (Some days I believe this; others I think the entire Bible is hogwash. I like the idea but I'm not married to it.)

I can understand how you feel that way, on all accounts.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I doubt if there is anything anyone could say to you that would stop you believing what you choose to. You will find a way round, through, over, under, between and every which way including loose, as long as it keeps your faith alive and Jesus in your mind.

I know you are sincere in your belief in Jesus and try to live the way you believe he would want you to. I am unable to perform those tricks of the mind any more but I wish you all the best and hope it continues to work for you.

I appreciate what you say, even if it does sound condesending at times, I don't think it is your intention :)

The reason I do "intellectual backflips" to reconcile my faith with my intellect ( and yes, I do have one), is because I can do nothing else.

See, I try to reconcile my intellect with my faith and not the other way around, and that is a key element.

I have found God and Jesus and I can't deny them, just as I can't deny the sun or the moon, I KNOW them.

So I must reconcile the rest with them and not they other way around.

Now, you may think I am delusional and that may well be the case, you don't know how I found them and even as I look back at the event(s) I myself can be detached enough to see that it can be viewed as a "mental episode" if one is so inckined to see it that way.

I just stated what I feel, what I think and I state wha tI have read and what I have gained by reading, and I read BOTH sides of the issues by the way and I try to read with an open mind and with as little bias as I can ( note I didn't say with NO bias).

How is it working out for me?

It would be A LOT easier to be a fundamentalist !

LOL !

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Jesus Christ - does no inhumanity move you Biblical apologist to accept reality and stop excusing your God?

IF I believed for a moment that God ordered and was responsible for even half of ther atrocites commited in the OT, I would be the first to denounce God as the most horrid of things !

• Robdar
    Robdar
    These Jews who killed and raped and plundered were just madmen greedily seeking landholdings and filling their lusts. They used God to justify it just like the 911 murderers did. Or was that just a little accident in NY?

Even now people use the military to escape their poverty, and we still justify their doing so.

And I thought we were supposed to be living in an enlightened time.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I think the commenters did the job for me:

Misocup: Of course it was rape! But the fact that the male children and the non-virgin women were killed (as if that's not bad enough) tells the story! It's so bloody obvious you'd have to be an idiot to think the virginal women children were not meant for sex, or slavery, or both. The female survivors of this holocaust would be so traumatized, there would never be consensual sex.

I agree with his further comment that the men were not actually commanded to rape by God, but if the story has any basis in reality then it was their excuse for raping.

The Gladiator:

Perry is a example of the mess a person can get into when they fill their head with nonsense, believing that it is the Word of God.

On the previous thread he stated that the Bible was the unchangeable Word of God. When challenged on the many versions of the ever evolving Bible, and asked which particular version he had, he gave no answer.

HintofLime provided another scripture, then provided similar thoughts to mine on how Perry twisted a scripture:

Yeah. That's right. The Isrealites brought back tens of thousands of VIRGINS (not just women.. but virgins).. so they could be "elevated and dignified".

Wow. Just... wow.

The Gladiator's words to PSac above can also be my words to Perry.

AK-Jeff's words above quite sum it up also.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So, I know how you justify the Rape Commander being "moral." As long as no scripture exists that says "The lord commanded them to rape virgins," you will say it isn't so. The following questions still have not been addressed:

What I want to know is, what do you accept as known evidence that conforms to existing physical laws to accept your belief in the God of the Christians, the truthfulness of the Bible, and the claimed miracles of Jesus?

Just because you have stated something on here, or someone else has, has it been "successfully refuted" on this board? So the rest of humanity simply has to read old JWD/JWN posts and they can come to realize that they should be fundamentalist Christians? Not even the entire board of regular readers has done that. Do you really believe that?

• snowbird
    snowbird

First of all, I'm no Bible apologist - the Bible can stand on its own merits, or in your case, demerits.

I do, however, believe in taking all accounts into consideration before passing judgment.

Given the way humanity has behaved in the past, and continues to behave, I actually admire God's way of handling matters.

I think those who scream the loudest about God's supposed evil tendencies are those who most fear the darkness in their own souls.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit