Most-Ignored Scriptures by JWs

by Mad Sweeney 508 Replies latest watchtower bible

• not a captive
    not a captive

Matthew 24

" Wherever the corpse is, there will the vultures gather." Jerusalem Bible

"Wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together." New World Translation

"Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather." New International Version

The Witnesses in their Insight books do not attempt to explain this scripture; but then neither do other religious groups. In verses preceding this cryptic line, Jesus warns disciples not to run here and there answering the call of false prophets or false Christs.

No religious group can understand this warning because it refers to them as a corpse, a dead body. The living Body of Christ is not embodied in a religious group. No, Christ is not there.

Maeve

• Chalam
    Chalam

Here's some more :)

1 Thessalonians 5:1-2 (New International Version)

1 Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.

Acts 1:7 (New International Version)

7 He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.

Matthew 24:27 (New International Version)

27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Revelation 1:7 (New International Version)

7 Look, he is coming with the clouds,
    and every eye will see him,
    even those who pierced him;
    and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.

Notice, Matthew 24:27, the Greek for "coming" is parousia, literally presence.

As it is written, do not be deceived by the WT and other false prophets and teachers.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 (New International Version)

The Man of Lawlessness
    1 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for (that day will not come) until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. No wonder the WT don't have much to say about the "man of lawlessness", the "son of perdition" i.e. the antichrist. Blessings, Stephen
  • designs
    designs

So Mr. Miracle Frosty Flakes, be sure an include yourself and your buddies in the crazy religions category. Catholics, Protestants, Evangelicals have all been in the predicting The End game on and off for centuries. Remember all of the Fundamentalist groups who were predicting Armageddon when the US invaded Irag in the first Gulf War under President George Bush. Lindsey, Laurie to name two. I remember the Calvary Chapel lads 'claiming' to have seen Jesus hitchiking along a desert road and would then 'vanish'. Nice trick!

Oh they were all convinced, remember all of the books sold by these 'Preachers'. The Society is just another group in a long line of hysteria mongers.

........but they could spend their energies helping out in this world, so much to do with hunger and the environment. Earth stewards.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

It is kind of sad that so many now and even then, are/were so caught up in the "second coming", instead of getting caught up in making THIS world tha paradice God intended it to be.

Maybe Jesus shoudl have said soemthing like this:

" When the final days come and God shall ask all man this question, What have you doen with the lande I have given you? where is the paradise that you could have made it be? "

Maybe people would have been/would be more interested in making this world better rather than hoping someone else will.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You answer the question in your last statement, PSac. Many people don't want the responsibility and therefore they pass it off onto someone else.

It's called the bystander effect in psychology. If others are around who could possibly do something, individuals in a group tend to stand around and wait for someone else to do it. Initiative is lacking. Especially if the group members believe there is someone else around who can do something better than they could, they let others do it instead of taking initiative.

The borg constantly reinforces this natural tendency in the Dubs. Don't question. Don't research. WE are authorized to do that stuff FOR you. DON'T make the world a better place. Jehovah is going to do that for you. And the rank and file go through only the motions they are instructed to go through, because taking initiative to find real answers and accomplish solutions to real problems is something someone else is doing.

• designs
    designs

MS, PSac-

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

That sucks ass and not in a good way.

I mean, here we are and we ARE able to make Earth a wonderful place to live in, we can indeed cure hunger and thrist and make the world a paradise and yet, nothing.

IF there is a God and IF there comes a second coming, how will we explain this to God?

It doesn't take much, heck we can create a freaking paradise in a desert is we want to.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

JD: "God the Son,

Mad: Please find that term ANYWHERE in ANY Bible for me!

the second person of the Trinity,

He became God-Man,

the hypostatic union,

by assuming a human nature. He was and is a divine person who assumed a human nature, not God who stopped being God and became a creature. This is where your confusion lies.

Mad: I HAVE no confusion- but you are at a whole new LEVEL of it! I was using THEIR response. Of COURSE Jesus never gave up being the Almighty God- because he never WAS. He said there was only ONE PERSON who was- his Father. Until you accept that, you will alawys be no more than a churchoid!

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

"we ARE able to make Earth a wonderful place to live in, we can indeed cure hunger and thrist and make the world a paradise and yet, nothing."

What do you base THIS idea on; mankind is so divided, so fractured, so greedy that it is a miracle we have survived THIS long!

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    Of COURSE Jesus never gave up being the Almighty God- because he never WAS. He said there was only ONE PERSON who was- his Father. Until you accept that, you will alawys be no more than a churchoid!

You're not paying attention. Of course orthodox Christian teaching accepts that Jesus, the created humanity, the creature, is not the Almighty, and that is why he could claim that God was his father. There is no contradiction whatsoever if you recognize that Christ was and is both God and man. The man of the God-man is not the Almighty. You also need to read up on what Christians mean by the word "person." And, I believe that your statement that "He said there was only ONE PERSON who was- his Father," is not accurate. Did he use the word Person?

http://www.144000.110mb.com/

It is not reasonable to believe that Jesus Christ was nothing more than a man, a human, as the Jehovah's Witnesses preach, and that before he walked the earth he was a created angel. Furthermore, the Jehovah's Witnesses incorrectly teach that trinitarianism promotes the worship of three gods; it doesn't. Christians only worship the one true God, YHWH.

Furthermore, the Jehovah's Witnesses preach, incorrectly, that trinitarian Christians teach that the created humanity of Jesus, the creature, is God Almighty; but that is also false. Orthodox Christians - the overwhelming majority of Catholic and Protestant churches - teach that: “The humanity of Christ is a creature, it is not God” (Catholic Encyclopedia, 922).

I suggest you begin your study with the question of whether Jesus was, and is, God, in the immanent Trinitarian sense. It all starts there. Then, understand that Christians also believe that Jesus was man. Hence, God-man. How these come together is a matter of faith, like the resurrection.

http://www.144000.110mb.com/trinity/index-5.html#20

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit