Come On And PLAY!!!

by snowbird 359 Replies latest social entertainment

• compound complex
    compound complex

My physical body's waxings and wanings has my brain confused: I am at once nimble as I take the steeply-inclined Mongolian Steppes two at a time, agile as I wind my way through the deep underbrush of the Novamati Plateau. Back home, ah, back home, I find myself painfully lumbering through the detritus of an aged bachelor's pad.

cadence, harmony, leitmotif

G'night, Syl!

CC

• snowbird
  • LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

When John Williams composed the 1975 blockbuster movie Jaws, it needed dramatic music with suspense. How would we the terrified audience know when the man eating killer shark was coming?

Williams wove cadence, interspersed with leitmotif, to let us know when to grip our seat or our boyfriends hand that Jaws was coming!

What unforgetable harmony John Williams evoked for everyone who ever watched and listened.

LoisLane

liverwurst - worsted wool - Liverpool

• snowbird
    snowbird

@ Lois Lane.

The English gentleman, clad in his sensible suit of worsted wool, munched halfheartedly on his sandwich of liverwurst as he sat on the dock at Liverpool.

Good Saturday morning, everybody!

salacious salubrious salutary

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Good Morning Sylvia, CoCo, Rippy(where are you) and Lois Lane

• snowbird
    snowbird

Good Sunday morning!

In my childhood, I knew someone who took no delight in salacious reports of the goings-on in our neighborhood, who believed in salutary neglect when it came to raising chickens and children, and whose salubrious cooking was legendary.

consort eunuch satrap

• snowbird
    snowbird

The queenly consort and her trusted eunuch set a trap for the despotic satrap.

Good morning!

I just learned there were two villages named Bethany in the time of Jesus of Nazareth; I knew there were two named Jericho, but this is a nice little eye opener.

annals annual annuity

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Nancy wanted to play the word game but the words annals, annual and annunity just spun around in her head and she couldn't think of anything so she resorted to cheating.

brain grain insane

• compound complex
    compound complex

Barney snorted at Nanette's assertion that there wasn't a grain of truth in anything he claimed regarding the inability of the brain to withstand continual hammering until its owner should be pronounced insane by the medical authorities.

Hi, Syl and Nancy and rip and Lois and . . .

lilac, lupin, larkspur

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL @ Nancy.

Good afternoon, Coco.

I DID have to cheat with the word lupin - a pale purple flowering plant of which the Texas Bluebonnet is a member.

Lilac and larkspur are also light purple flowering plants.

conundrum paradox riddle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit