Come On And PLAY!!!

by snowbird 359 Replies latest social entertainment

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Daisy, Magnolia, their baby sister, Gardenia, and older sister, Rose, sent their parents, Poppy and Mum to Peony's Portico Palace for their 50th wedding anniversary.

~~~

dazzle, frazzle, puzzlement

• nancy drew
  • nancy drew
    nancy drew

It had been a long day and Bertrand was worn to a frazzle maybe it was from exhaustion nobody know for sure but all of a sudden he was surrounded by a dazzle of dragonflies. He just stood there in complete puzzlement for how long he wasn't sure all he remembers is a kindly voice saying "sir are you feeling alright".

squirming swarming snoring

• snowbird
    snowbird

Evening!

The squirming baby was soothed only when a netting was placed over her playpen to ward off the swarming gnats, she then proceeded to sleep soundly, snoring gently.

cynical maniacal skeptical

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Dear Diary, Last night by the lake, in our tent, among all the other tired campers, too many people were snoring. It was like a snorefest ! lol

I don't know which lucky camper should have won the prize for being the loudest! It was a sympathy of sawing logs!

The mosquitoes swarming outside must have enjoyed the snorer's music, because they stayed around all night. How do I know?

Because between the snorer's notes, and my air mattress going flat, I was squirming all night trying to find a comfy spot to sleep, but I couldn't.

On my way to the car, the mosquitoes attacked me like they hadn't seen warm flesh all year! Ouch. And ouch. Smack... got one... smack , got another one, etc , etc. lol

So here I write by the early summer sun, in the car, with the seat all the way back, trying to relax, possibly even to sleep. lol . But now the birds are up, giving their morning "Here I am" "Where are you?" call to each other.

Camping. There is nothing quite like it.

LL

lover boy - a warm summer night - guilt free pleasures

• compound complex
    compound complex

Tommy, also known as "lover boy" in the village of Haneyville, ELEV. 2.850, enjoyed many a guilt-free pleasure during this particular evening, a warm summer night. He wasn't immoral by any means -- perhaps merely amoral -- yet Mrs. Manlove showed herself outrightly maniacal and began sliding downward into a frothing tirade when a few locals, well-meaning but only slightly skeptical of Tommy's motivation towards Mary Lou Manlove, declared that boys will be boys and the young miss would surely be all right in the young man's company.

Nonetheless, seeing no good whatsoever in Tommy, Mrs. Manlove was irrevocably and steadfastly cynical that there could reside any decent bone in the wiry frame of the boy who fell to earth . . .

just, jest, joust

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Midway, through the afternoon's joust, Maid Elaina Rose, left her father the Squire alone, so that her serving woman could take her in hand to meet her betrothed, Sir Gallant, in secret. He had acted so formal and distant with her lately, she just wanted to make sure he was truly in love with her, and not her father's purse. She felt justified in doing this because she had come to care for this man deeply. She needed to know how much he cared or did he care at all.

When they were together, she said to him, "How big of a dowry were you hoping for when we wed?" He said, "My dear, you are all that I desire", smiling hugely.

She said, " Oh Sir , just as I had hoped. You do love me! My father said if I marry you, he will not give us a dime!"

He said in anguish, "Surely you jest!!"

Sadly, she had her answer.

LL

mystery mastery Madrid

• snowbird
    snowbird

Good early morning!

LOL @ CoCo and LL.

My mastery of the suspense/mystery genre was propelled along quite nicely during a trip to Madrid.

boo coo goo

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

we're travling down the road again

boo coo goo boo coo goo

here we go around the bend

boo coo goo boo coo goo

riding along with a crazy friend

boo coo goo boo coo goo

complicted migrated constipated

• snowbird
    snowbird

I watched in awe as the complicated formation of geese migrated toward the south; their profuse droppings indicated that none were constipated.

loo moo roo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit