At least not in Kansas

far star Zanzibar

Going on a weekend vacation see you tuesday

ND

• snowbird
    snowbird

Have a nice and safe vacay.

LOL at your posts - you're a mess!

When you wish upon a star, do not let your thoughts go far, else you may end up in Zanzibar.

Mine are never as whimsical as yours.

mettle nettle settle

• snowbird
    snowbird

Good Friday morning, everybody!

My maternal grandmother, a formidable woman of unflinching mettle, refused to allow anyone or anything to nettle her, which begs the question: Why on earth did she settle for Grandpa?

miasma Moorish munificent

• snowbird
    snowbird

Good morning!

She was mired in a miasma of angst, her Moorish-looking lover having abandoned her, the munificent legacy of her late grandfather long ago exhausted.

hackneyed platitude trite

• compound complex
    compound complex

Oscar, ever the pompous but not-so-truly-bright scholar, frequently peppered his orations with hackneyed expressions in order to impress, so he thought, his groaning audience with high-sounding but empty platitudes that these weary listeners, of one accord (for they had conferred upon this very matter), had agreed were little more than the trite ramblings of a ne'er-do-well autodidact.

rebel/rebel; appropriate/appropriate; articulate/articulate [adjective and verb usage]

Good morning, SYLVIA!

CC

• snowbird
    snowbird

Good morning, CoCo and others.

I am not a rebel, to rebel is not in my nature; however, on appropriate occasions, I have been known to appropriate certain items to which I feel entitled, and, if called out, will in a most articulate manner carefully articulate my reasons for doing so.

private privilege privy

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Just dropping in to say hello and a very good morning to you, Sylvia and to Coco.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi, Heather.

Blessings.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm heading off to work soon. Take care and thank you for being the sweet, breath of fresh air on this forum that you are. If it weren't for good ladies and gentlemen like you and Coco, there wouldn't be much reason for coming around here.

• snowbird
    snowbird

The plaudits should be CoCo's alone; he never allows his emotions to get away from him.

When I do snap, it's because my g'kids have gotten on my last nerve.

All 6 - six! - of them have behavioral issues, and all of them seem to act out at the same time!

My daughter and I have our hands full.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit