Come On And PLAY!!!

by snowbird 359 Replies latest social entertainment

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi Nancy, I read all the books, too. Those books hold a special place in my heart.

The Mystery of the Tolling Bell was the first book I read. It is still my favorite.

LoisLane

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

i think my first one was the bungalow mystery

cluster luster and muster

1) a pecan cluster tastes different than a coconut cluster

2) there are two kinds of lusters the soft glow or the other one

3) to pass muster is very different than passing gas

cheetah velveeta margarita

• snowbird
    snowbird

Mornin' to all.

The sneaky cheetah stole the velveeta while the safari guide was imbibing a margarita.

skank strumpet trollop

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good morning, dear ladies!

Only in later life have I read ND mysteries, even wrote a few eponymous spoofs here on JWD/JWN.

Love your word offerings, Syl, but I am a gentleman and cannot incorporate woman-maligning terminology in my noble verse . . .

Otherwise, I'm available to romp about freely in a lexical manner of writing!

Love,

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL @ CoCo.

I just KNEW you would respond thusly.

I am familiar with the words strumpet and trollop, but skank didn't come to my attention until the year 2007, when a cadet at the Southwest Alabama Police Academy apprised me of its meaning.

blackguard rake rogue

• compound complex
    compound complex

Manfred set out, of an early morn, to bring order to his burgeoning garden with a trusty Craftsman many-tined rake. Along came Gaby, whose roque-like behavior made her unpredictable manner of speech just one more reason to blanche and run when neighbors saw her afoot. She espied Manfred, who was cooly and unruffled about his work while she harangued him mercilessly with this-and-that verbally injurious taunt.

"You are a rake and a blackguard, my dear man. It's a wonder such a bad man can have friends!" the old bag railed.

Manfred would have let it all pass; however, the bulbous biddy had pronounced "blackguard" like it looks, i.e., "black guard."

Drawing himself up to his full height, much as a bantam rooster might when feathers were all aruffle, the indignant Manfred riposted,

"If you're going to insult me, Gabriella Goosefinder, diss me right!"

Tail between her bowed legs, Gabriella trounced off red and indignant, for her departed-to-the-grammar-school-in-the-sky mother had, without success, continually endeavored to get her clueless daughter to pronounce less-familar words clearly and correctly . . .

wan, mien, aspect

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL.

The younger daughter, of wan mien, was a study in contrast to the more robust aspect of her older sister.

peonage serfdom slavery

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

According to the GB all humans are in peonage due to some stolen fruit incident that occurred 6000 yrs ago which keeps them in perpetual slavery due to some inate desire to continue in this fruit stealing behavior. They say that the only remedy is to live in JW serfdom which keeps the fruit stealing desire at bay and might keep you from execution by the orchard owners deadly sky patrol.

stegophilist stegosaurus stenographer

• compound complex
    compound complex

Nancy -- you are deeply wise.

Thanks for your insights . . . really!

CC

• snowbird
    snowbird

Could Spider Man be termed a stegophilist?

Is a stegosaurus the favorite dinosaur of children?

Has a stenographer become a thing of the past?

Questions, questions, questions ...

agile lumbering nimble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit