Come On And PLAY!!!

by snowbird 359 Replies latest social entertainment

• nancy drew
  • snowbird
    snowbird

I will ponder the parameter of our discussion as I walk the perimeter of our neighborhood. I will also resist the urge to purloin some of my neighbor's tempting okra.

flaunt flounce flout

• compound complex
    compound complex

Darla, ever one to flaunt her knowledge of this and that, flouted the forum guidelines and was summarily booted, whereupon she flounced out of the chat room, declaring that everyone would truly miss her and her words of wisdom.

sinister, dexter, dimidiation

• snowbird
    snowbird

That serves Darla exactly right!

Dimidiation is a result of split halves being joined together. This practice in heraldic times joined the right (dexter) side and the left (sinister) side of different coats of arms, resulting in some grotesque creations.

dowager dowry doyenne

• compound complex
    compound complex

Sylvia:

Don't get me started on DARLA!

Checking out the "d" words . . .

CoCo

• snowbird
  • snowbird
    snowbird

The dowager, whose rakish husband squandered her dowry, misrepresented herself as the doyenne of the fashion house.

Good Sunday morning, everybody!

It's as hot as the Devil in the seventh circle of Hell down here in Alabama.

I trust things are going ok for y'all.

execrate imprecate ululate

• snowbird
    snowbird

Can execrate and imprecate be used interchangeably?

When African and Middle Eastern women ululate at funerals, it pierces the very soul.

murmuration hypotyposis bucolic

• snowbird
    snowbird

The late evening murmuration of the swallows over the bucolic landscape created a hypotyposis that made me want to fall down and worship.

pastoral idyllic rustic

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

thinking......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit