Come On And PLAY!!!

by snowbird 359 Replies latest social entertainment

• snowbird
    snowbird

Good morning!

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Annette had always dreamed of an Idyllic wedding with a woodwind ensemble playing in a pastoral setting, tables laden with rustic dishes and wine served in goblets. However, her husband to be was not even close to being a renaissance man so her dream turned into a rowdy country western nightmare.

ferry estuary blueberry

• snowbird
    snowbird

Laughing and spilling my coffee!

Nancy, you are a hot mess!

At one time, ferry service across the Alabama River was discontinued in Wilcox County. Why? Google Gee's Bend Ferry, and you'll get the answer.

I understand there is an estuary somewhere in the Mobile, Alabama vicinity; there is also a cafe down there that serves delicious blueberry pie.

gawk leer ogle

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Everyday as Danielle walked home from school she passed by Ogle's birdhouse and often she would go in to look at the different birds and most of them would just gawk at her but not the old parrot geezer. He just seemed to leer at all the customers just daring them to come closer with their tasty little fingers. What he didn't understand was that there was a sign on his cage that read "my name is geezer and I bite hard". Danielle would always smile and say hello to him and he would step back as if inviting her to come closer but she knew better than to fall for his tricks.

chitterchatter gray matter pitterpatter

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tee hee hee.

That story reminds me of one that my estranged husband used to tell.

He lived in an apartment during his bachelor days, and one tenant had a parrot that used to sit in the doorway and say hi to everyone who passed.

My husband said one day he stopped and poked the parrot in the side, and the parrot squawked, "Help! He's killing me!"

Needless to say he never did that again.

The chitter chatter of the teenagers, the pitter patter of the little feet of the toddlers, all this combined to pummel my grey matter.

sidle slither steal (not thievery)

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

life is full of good parrot stories

Marcus a pioneer and his sidekick Jeremy noticed what they thought was another apt at he back of a house and as they thought about a recent talk entitled "make sure no one is missed" they decided to go for it. So they began to slither through a narrow space so as to steal past the large dog in the backyard and then be able to sidle up to the apt door. It seemed like a good idea at the time but soon they realized it was a colossal mistake as they became wedged in the space as the fence began to collapse trapping them near the hysterical barking dog who was jumping trying to get at them. Soon the police were called and a neighbor thinking that his friends house was being robbed turned the hose on them so they wouldn't get away. The joy of pioneering

ballyhoo zoo shampoo

• snowbird
    snowbird

Is this an actual account, Nancy?

So much ballyhoo at the zoo!

Baboons trying out new shampoo

Orangutans hurling earthy poo

Chimps playing a game of peek-a-boo ...

minstrel troubadour bard

• compound complex
    compound complex

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/imprecate

Execrate and imprecate both take a direct object, so there's no apparent need to follow either verb with a preposition . . . methinks. . . .

CC

Hi, Syl and Nancy!

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL.

Hi, CoCo.

I'm feeling especially heartened today.

My 16 year old g'daughter has a job!

She's taken an interest in a nice young man and is outside right now "helping" him work on his vehicle.

I'm giving myself a mental pat on the back ...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Wonderful, Syl.

!

CoCo

tantamount, surmount, paramount

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit