Come On And PLAY!!!

by snowbird 359 Replies latest social entertainment

• compound complex
    compound complex

I was in the middle of watching an old movie when a character said that Spanish metal was no match for English mettle . . . was it "Sea Hawk"? To riddle one of those old wooden barks with sea worms must have been a curse to the seafaring folk.

incite, insight, insite

Hi Nancy, LoisLane and rip!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Hi everyone!!

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm here to incite to love and fine works, so my keen insight into human nature causes me to pass on insite.

Hi, all.

I've missed y'all.

Hey, don't bawl.

I was just down the hall.

Sylvia

rue (not regret) hue cue

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

thinking

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

As Sylvia whipped up a rue

it darkened to a reddish hue

The flavors of the dish she knew

would make a tasty N'orleans stew

and so if you will take a cue

from Sylvia's delicious roux

eat spicy meals you won't feel blue

syllable invincible forseeable

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, dear ones!

Meadows the Erudite spoke with too many syllables, which caused his arrogant master with low self esteem to declare that his butler must think himself better than his betters. No man is invincible in the face of blind, unreasoning envy. Meadows, aware of his master's mental and moral weaknesses, knew that, in the foreseeable future, he would be forced to seek a new and, it is hoped, situation preferable to the one he currently holds.

hope, desire, expectation

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

If one's hope and desire meets expectation, then all that remains is death.

~~

Fidget, widget, smidgen

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Darlene had three wild little chihuahaus Fidget, widget and smidgen often referred to as the nipper. She loved them dearly and they walked all over her literally and created an atmosphere of chaos in her home. When she wasn't messing around with her little pack she enjoyed preparing delicious meals and belonged to the "crazy cuisine cooking club". Every month each member would prepare a meal for the others in their home and of course it was Darlene's turn one stormy friday night. The gang was afraid of storms and panic began to arise as the first rumbles were heard in the distance not knowing what to do Darlene called her vet who suggested she purchase three tiny thundershirts for her crew before the party. She rushed out the door and got inside the nearby pet-o-rama store before the rain and there they were but only two left. She decided that Fidget and smidgen were the best candidates for the outfits. The doorbell rang just as the last velcro flap was sealed and to her surprise Widget flipped out and the other two just passed out on the floor. The meal was a success because Widget spent the evening trying to resusitate his two buddies who slept through the entire event.

crisp chewy crunchy

• rip van winkle
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Here, in the USA, we call them potato chips, so we would never say "bet you can't each just one crisp!' No matter, because they are crispy and crunchy on either side of the big pond, unless, of course, the bag topples into the sea and the distraught muncher declares them to be, henceforth, "potato soggs"!

coulda, woulda, shoulda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit