IT'S OFFICIAL - New Elder's Manual by end of 2010

by sir82 79 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I can think of a few places I would like to stick mine!

Stick it in the post to me.

• minimus
    minimus

thanks 4 the info

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Did the legal dept. go over it with a fine tooth comb?

Thanks for the info.

Blueblades

• Room 215
    Room 215

I'll bet there will be ample margins and large spaces between paragraphs to write in what they they will be verbally told at the school

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Non-committal in the book, extra wide margins for elders to write dictation down.

I imagine in the book or the verbal instructions (Torah and Talmud eh) there will be instructions about closing loopholes for fading.

• sir82
    sir82

Shameless BTT for the afternoon crowd.

No one wants to speculate on changes in content?

I though guessing based on no information whatsoever was one of this board's specialties!

• yknot
    yknot

I look forward to reading over the new copy!

• undercover
    undercover

Interesting news. Thanks sir...

I'm not too surprised at the release of a new book. It's been awhile since the last book came out. A lot has changed since then...not just in the world around us but in JW doctrine. They need to make sure that the verbage regarding the blood issue especially is correct and up to date. And child abuse issues. Too many lawsuits. They have to CYA big time in this area.

I think they'll tighten up definitions of what constitutes apostacy and how apostates will be dealt with. Maybe clarification on how to deal with inactive ones. Dubs are leaving, in not in droves yet but it is enough to be noticeable. The trickle has become a stream and now the dam is creaking under the strain of holding back the river. They have to stem the flow of blood before they bleed out. (don't ya just love my mixed metaphors....)

As far as keeping the book off the Internet...I initially thought they wouldn't be stupid enough to realize that they can't keep it from falling into wrong hands, but they still do a lot of stupid things that they haven't learned from so, who knows? If they're smart, they'll just keep the wordage fairly non-controversial and any thing that is legally or ethically troubling will be shared in the meetings by oral communication.

• cantleave
    cantleave

It will be all blank pages so that all notes we will be hand written during the training school. God I'm so glad I am not an elder anymore. The training schools were complete tedium.

Anyway - please scan and post online when you get it.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh, goody!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit