IT'S OFFICIAL - New Elder's Manual by end of 2010

by sir82 79 Replies latest jw friends

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    It will be all blank pages so that all notes we will be hand written during the training school. God I'm so glad I am not an elder anymore. The training schools were complete tedium.
    Anyway - please scan and post online when you get it.

I think you might be right! The smartest thing they did was to not print the really controversial stuff.

• lrkr
    lrkr

Well- I would like to put the challenge out there to everyone. Lets see if we can be the first to have copies of the new book!! (This site usually scoops most things JW)

• clearlyenlight
    clearlyenlight

Yes that was a duplicate and a mistake and I meant 21 years.

Now think of that only 1 million more in 21 years, that should tell any deep thinking person that there is something wrong with the WT.

• sir82
    sir82
    Now think of that only 1 million more in 21 years, that should tell any deep thinking person that there is something wrong with the WT.

Except the count in 1989 was 3.5 million.

In addition to your new calculator, perhaps you should invest in some reading glasses.

Don't mean to be harsh - but JWs will pounce on any inaccuracies as "proof" that "apostates" don't know what they are talking about.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

If there is to be a change in the CO arrangement; expect it to coincide with the release of this book.

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder if elders will transfer over their notes from the old book to the new one or if the WTS will say they incorporated that info into the new book and confiscate the old. I always wondered if the notes were consistent from one elder to the next.

• donuthole
    donuthole

I expect this book will be contain less directives from the Society to limit legal liability. Will probably be published by "Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses." Yes - extra, extra wide margins for writing down all of the rules.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I will be shocked if the old books aren't asked to be turned in.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

If the GB was in trouble with the current 1991 edition of the book, (it was called ks91 by the hyper self righteous CO's and DO's) they would have had their ass sued off by now.

It wouldn't surprise me if this new book was different from the layout that has been in existence since the 70's. My opinion is that the GB really did write ks91, and that this edition will have been filtered through the Legal Dept top to bottom.

As it always the case, afterwards, the talks and how it evolves will ultimately tell the tale for the next 20 odd years of how elders administer to a congregation. This thing was rumored since 2005, it took them this long to get it out. That's how much proofreading went into it.

At the end of the day, not a whole lot will change. A lot of politics will take place as elders who read and understand it first will beat the new manual over the heads of elders who are stuck in the past. That will be fun.... Esp for me, as I won't have to look at those idiot elders anymore.

This makes it official. I have been out for close to 4 years, I am no longer super up to date. I think I will throw a party.....

• Terry
    Terry
    I expect this book will be contain less directives from the Society to limit legal liability.

If you want to control people and your control may possibly injure them in some way but you wish to escape legal liability, what do you do?

The Watchtower Society has a history of controlling people and getting into trouble for it.

During WWI the attempt to influence fighting soldiers in the trenches by advising them to refrain from following orders led to the top board members being imprisoned.

After America had come into the War, Rutherford, in 
    1918, together with six of his associates, ail members of the
    Watchtower Society, was sentenced to 20 years' penal
    . servitude for " unlawfully and wilfully conspiring to cause
    insubordination, disloyalty and refusal of duty in the
    military and naval forces of the United States." They all
    served nine months of their sentence in the Federal Prison
    at Atlanta, Georgia, but were released in May, 1919.

(This was replaced by a one on one "discussion" by the Congregation Overseer and the brothers who were inducted advising them privately to not accept alternate service and to seek imprisonment--but--to publicly disavow the agency of Watchtower direction in the matter.)

During WWII influencing members to refuse to salute the flag or recite the pledge of allegience resulted in legal disputes and court trials.

This time the Society went on the offensive and fought the arrests up to the Supreme Court. Becoming more litigious (and successful in doing so)

for awhile the anti-social aspects of Society influence garnered press attention and considerable publicity as "martyrs" for faith.

As the years went on, Blood Transfusion policies resulting in deaths, complaints, pleas for clarification and ultimately lawsuits resulted in a shifting of Liability strategy.

Then, disastrous blowback from Child Molestation issues began appearing in the media coupled with vast Internet access of the population at large struck a blow.

Current tactics by the Society consists of the following:

1. Create a super-Loyalty to the Governing Body as the only source of authority in christian life

2. Pretend the Bible is the source of all truth and interpose the Governing Body as the accurate interpreter of said Truth.

3. Misdirect the membership to rely on their conscience informed by reading what the Governing Body says and, consequently, create plausible deniability for "agency" by making the member the responsible party.

4.Avoid documentary proof of agency in directing members toward harm by creating buffers and building clandestine networks for transmitting orders in place

The Elder's Manual, for all practical purposes, is a "grapevine" and not a hard-evidence document.

If anything, it is evidence that the Governing Body is consciously aware of culpability and possesses a guilty mindset.

Long live the Internet!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit