IT'S OFFICIAL - New Elder's Manual by end of 2010

by sir82 79 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

One thing the New Elder's Manual will probable deal with more is Internet and Apostacy. Go figure.

oompa,

Good to see you.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Just as a side thought - why on earth would they find the need to announce this way over 6 months ahead of time?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Did you guys know that the WT his the 6 million mark back in 1989?

I did not know that because it is wrong. There were 3.5 million JWs in 1989.

Yet another conspiracy theorist with an eye for detail I see.

• undercover
    undercover

Maybe it was a typo....1999? How many dubbies were there in 99?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

About 6 million in 1999. That must be it, although more a mistake than a typo as such, because he wrote 1989 in two separate post on two different threads.

• startingover
    startingover

I know of one difference, the new one will be paperback.

• undercover
    undercover

They should put it in a three ring binder so they can change pages whenever they change their policies...

• JeffT
    JeffT

They should put it in a three ring binder so they can change pages whenever they change their policies...

Too advanced for the WTBS. I've worked a number of places that do this. When something is outdated by advancing technology, government regulation or it just doesn't work you'd get something that says "pull out page 39 dated 2/15/1994 and replace it with this page 39 dated 3/29/2010." It actually works well, which is why I think it is too logical for the WTBS to do it.

I'm sure they will work very hard to keep the real contents in handwritten notes, rather than the text.

Question for those of you who have been through this how did writing some of these notes make you feel. I'd think it would twist your head to write a note like "up to discretion of elders on JC" next to a paragraph that says people can be DF'd only for listed offences (or whatever).

• blondie
    blondie

Maybe the elders will have the book made that way....like jws have their study books spiralized.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> Non-committal in the book, extra wide margins for elders to write dictation down.

Yup... I suspect the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit