What's your plans on the JW Memorial night?

by dissed 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

don't think i would feel comfortable in any church at this time... but i have thought about it at some time in life maybe

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

This will be the first time I have missed the Memorial.

I will however be attending a funeral tonight.

• EverAStudent
    EverAStudent

Found Sheep, I understand. As you think about "churches" keep it in mind that the vast majority are not quite the control cults that the KHs appear to be (though I admit a few are--but once you've been through it they are fairly easy to recognize).

Blessings and best wishes.

• superpunk
    superpunk

Or if you feel like you need to reflect a little bit, go somewhere nice in nature - a beach, an overlook, a park...and just chill for a while.

God - if there is a god - is surely more accessible out amongst his creation than in a stuffy building.

I forgot the Capitals play the Senators tonight. So I'll be watching that, too. I see the Lord in hockey.

• snowbird
    snowbird

You are sweet and kind, Ever.

I love the Bible, Jesus of Nazareth, but I can't accept the JW way anymore.

Perhaps in time, I will connect with other Christians.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Sylvia

• crapola
    crapola

Someone mentioned the feeling of missing out on something and that's not really how I'm feeling. It's just, well I can't really explain it, The thought of change I guess for the lack of a better term. I've gone to these Memorials for 45 years and to not go is a big change. But I don't want to go. Is'nt that just crazy? I know I'll feel better tomorrow.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I'm thinking mani-pedi.

• Girlie
    Girlie

I will be at the memorial tonight as a promise to my parents.

• Dnice
    Dnice

I will be attending. Probably feel kinda weird seeing that I am not DF and haven't went to the meeting in yrs.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Third memorial I've missed...probably do the same-o shit..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit