What's your plans on the JW Memorial night?

by dissed 100 Replies latest jw friends

• spawn
    spawn

I'll be having a life and maybe making my sons Easter Bonnet for his pre-school Parade.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I'll be watching the American Idol train wreck with a glass of wine and some saltines.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I'll be going out of respect for family, my grandparents memory and not causing over-the-top problems with everyone I've ever know and loved.

• Purza
    Purza

I don't even think about it anymore. It will be a "normal" Tuesday for me; working 10 hours, hitting the gym, making dinner and then hitting the pillow. There is no significance to me in the day whatsovever. It wasn't always that way, but I like my life much better these days.

Purza

• White Dove
    White Dove

Egg and I might go see if anyone is picketing at the hall. I have never seen picketers at a memorial, though.

• zoiks
    zoiks

The family and I will be at home. Dinner, homework for the kids, baths, bedtime. I may check in here while Mrs. Zoiks is working, then probably enjoy some sexy time when she gets home.

Not much different than any other Tuesday night - and that is a wonderful thing.

• alanv
    alanv

In the UK it's Eastenders night so I shall be watching that. Also be hoping the memorial partakers goes up again and looking forward to the JWs sq uirm in embarrasment when the figures are published. Remember this from WT 1980 October 15th p31

And if the wicked system of this world survived until the turn of the century, which is highly improbable in view of world trends and the fulfillment of Bible prophecy, there would still be survivors of the World War I generation. However, the fact that their number is dwindling is one more indication that “the conclusion of the system of things” is moving fast toward its end.

Classic!!

• RR
    RR

Let's see, that's Tuesday night right? I'll be taking my Jeet Kune Do / Kenpo classes

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

My daughter-in-law took our granddaughter (6 years old) to the Memorial last year. I tagged along although I hated every minute of it. Granddaughter hated it too, because when asked this year if she wanted to go, she said "NO WAY!" Well I'm not going either--ever again.

Interestingly, I noticed last year that the attendance was much lower than I remembered--it had been two years since I'd been there. Guess there's only two things I'm interesetd in, the overall attendance and if there are any partakers.

• The Finger
    The Finger

I thought it was Monday. I thought of the going to the hall but I feel too guilty rejecting the emblems and too embarrassed to take them. I will no doubt buy a fine claret and crackers and partake myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit