Health Care Reform Bill Passes - Now What?

by BizzyBee 118 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yiz, Have you tried to apply for Medicaid? You might qualify. And you might also qualify for HIP - http://www.in.gov/fssa/hip/ , that plan has been in effect for Hoosiers for a few years now.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If you read my earlier post you will see in the example of massachusetts the wait has significantly increased

That tells me nothing but a possiblity of an increase not a certainty. I've waited before on a private plan, I wait now on state, if I have to wait a tad longer on fed big whoop. Scare tactics are stupid and insult my intelligence.

• RR
    RR
    Health Care Reform Bill Passes - Now What?

Time to get off the planet

• recovering
    recovering

not trying to scare you mrs jones just pointing out reality. By the way not all of us now have government funded healthcare, in fact the majority of us do not have it. Please look at the examples not only in the us but worldwide government controled health care is rationed (there are provisions in this bill that do just that by the way) . What i was talking about was average wait times dramatically increasing for everyone . There is a disincentive for drs to go into primary care and a huge monatary incentive for them to go into specialties as the bill is currently.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Yiz, Have you tried to apply for Medicaid? You might qualify. And you might also qualify for HIP - http://www.in.gov/fssa/hip/ , that plan has been in effect for Hoosiers for a few years now.

Is there a cost for this plan? If so, how much?

Thanks and I'm looking into it now.

Yiz

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I looked on the site and it says there may be a small fee it any. I think it's worth looking into. Hope it helps.

• leavingwt
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine
    There is a disincentive for drs to go into primary care and a huge monatary incentive for them to go into specialties as the bill is currently.

You have that exactly wrong. The health care bill passed last night encourages more doctors to go into primary care.

Perhaps you meant "as the system is now"?

• JWoods
    JWoods
    You have that exactly wrong. The health care bill passed last night encourages more doctors to go into primary care.

This is exactly the opposite of what a number of actual doctors have posted on another site that I go to. Several in primary care are actually talking about just retiring.

• B-Rock
    B-Rock

CNN POLL: 59% of Americans oppose ObamaCare.

As Congress was debating, and ultimately passing, the health care reform bill, CNN was conducting a poll that has some very interesting results:

20. As you may know, the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate are trying to pass final legislation that would make major changes in the country’s health care system. Based on what you
    have read or heard about that legislation, do you generally favor it or generally oppose it?

Mar 19-21 2010

Favor 39%
    Oppose 59%
    No opinion 2%

21. (IF OPPOSE) Do you oppose that legislation because you think its approach toward health care is too liberal, or because you think it is not liberal enough?

QUESTIONS 20 AND 21 COMBINED

Mar 19-21 2010

Favor (from Question 20) 39%
    Oppose, too liberal 43%
    Oppose, not liberal enough 13%
    No opinion 5%

This is pretty extraordinary.

I don’t think there has ever been a time in American history when such an unpopular piece of legislation has become law by such a narrow, and completely partisan margin. The political consequences could be very interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit