Health Care Reform Bill Passes - Now What?

by BizzyBee 118 Replies latest jw friends

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

The stock market is rising this week. I wish I had done more research on health tech stocks the last few months.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

"Repeal, if we're lucky.

16,000 brand new hired IRS agents after your blood, if we're not."

And what will the Republicans repeal first? Reopening the "donut hole" on your Medicare prescriptions? Removing college students from their parents' policy? Or maybe making children vulnerable to denial due to pre-existing conditions? Once the American people are educated about the awesomeness that happened this weekend, there will be no chance for repeal.

Where did that IRS thing come from? I saw it somewhere else today, but can't find a reliable source.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

We American taxpayers have bought ourselves a lot of stuff in the past 10 years: a couple of wars, a lot of services from Halliburton and Blackwater, bank bailouts and auto bailouts, a lot of corrupt politicians and a buttload of lies.

But now we're buying something for ourselves that we and our families actually need: healthcare. Halleleujah!

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Now begins the transformation! All comrades hail the motherland!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2-zzmCmMVI

I just like posting that.

I hope it eventually leads to universal healthcare, but I probably wont be around long enough to see that.

• BizzyBee
  • BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Now begins the fun part.....for me. I get to salute all you Obamacare-supporters for your epic accomplishment. Please keep the Budweiser song "Real American Heroes" humming in your brain as you read this. Because you did it.

You passed it.

Congratulations!

You tried to improve healthcare, and instead of hiring or training 16,000 healthcare providers, you've hired 16,000 IRS agents!

You are going to raise premiums for millions of us! You are going to bankrupt companies and kill jobs! You are going to bankrupt state budgets! You've guaranteed an electoral Barackopalypse for your party this November!

And most of all, you've locked in the Recession! You've turned a tidal wave of an entitlements crisis into a shitnami of epic proportions! As Rahm said, no crisis should go to waste, and now we'll have plenty of it to go around!

YOU WON!

Obama has prepared a special prize for you loyal supporters of the fight to pass this bill over the opponents that happen to outnumber you, here, he will send you a signed copy:

Yes, yes you can!

BTS

• ziddina
  • leavingwt
  • B-Rock
    B-Rock

Repeel!

There will be a lot written today about Missouri voters’ overwhelming approval of Proposition C, a repudiation of Obamacare’s individual mandate. But the results may be even more devastating for the Democrats than initially thought.

According to preliminary results, just under 668,000 Missourians voted in favor of Proposition C. Only 578,000 Republicans voted in their party’s primaries. Another 40,000 voters appear to have cast votes on Proposition C without voting in either the Republican or Democratic primaries. So, even if you assume that every single Republican voted for the initiative and every person who didn’t vote in a primary voted for it, at least 40,000 Democrats — more than one in every eight Democratic primary voters — voted against the centerpiece of President Obama’s health-care plan. And these aren’t just any registered Democrats; these are the party activists, the Democratic base.

Do we need any more evidence of how unpopular this bill is?

The Left continues to believe that the more Americans learn about the legislation, and the further away we get from its controversial enactment, the more public support will grow. I doubt it. In the past few weeks alone, voters in many states have been hearing about plans for significant premium increases for 2011 by both private insurers and state employee health plans. In every case, insurance officials have cited Obamacare as the chief cause of rising costs. In Arizona, for example, state officials project that state employees will see their health care costs rise by as much as a third next year, due largely to the implementation of the initial stages of Obamacare. And in Kentucky, hospital officials project that the Medicaid expansion at the heart of Obamacare will cost the state’s hospitals more than a $1 billion over the next decade.While in a few cases these might be exaggerations or self-serving claims, for the most part the explanation is valid — and voters will tend to believe it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit