Best Music Concert you Attended - Favorite Live Musicians ?

by flipper 63 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

The 6 that really stand out for me are :-

Pink Floyd

Fleetwood Mac

Oasis

David Bowie

Jethro Tull

Spandau Ballet

• designs
    designs

Rolling Stones at the Rose Bowl.......they opened with Buddy Holly's 'Not Fade Away'............I'm gonna tell ya how its gonna be! yea!

• cantleave
    cantleave

The Rose Bowl in Southampton?

• designs
    designs

Pasadena California early 90s Bridges to Babylon tour

• Dagney
    Dagney

designs...was that your first Stones concert? That was mine. Saw several since and were equally as good. They are so good live, even in the huge venue. Remember, the Red Hot Chili Peppers opened for them.

That Dylan, Van Morrison and Joni Mitchell concert we went to was right up there with the best.

For me Springsteen, every single one, and there have been many.

• designs
    designs

1st and best.

Now the Dylan, Van and Joni evening was beyond categorizing...experiential really. It replayed in my head for months after. Van sang sermons, Joni...well it was Love, and Dylan ROCKED!

• four candles
    four candles

We go to one a month,or try to and I have been going to gigs since 1974 so it's hard to pinpoint just one as the best...however,here are some.

Joe Bonamassa....twice ...soon to be 3 times.

Genesis duke tour.

Deep Purple/Lynyrd Skynyrd/The darkness. Purple were bad this night but Skynyrd rocked!!!

Walter Trout.

UFO

Skinny Molly.

.....................and many more!!!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Genesis was one of the fav concerts I've seen but I'm a big fan of Sammy Hagar. Seen him many times before Van Halen, during Van Halen and after with the Wabos. Now it's time for Chickenfoot, yeah. But I have seen many others..Rick Derringer, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Greg Kihn, Jonny Vanzandt, CDB, Iron Maiden, Axe, Coney Hatch, Our Lady Peace..I know there is more but just can't think right now..lol

• zoiks
    zoiks

My taste in music now invariably brings me to much smaller venues than the big groups mentioned here. That said, Opeth was the best live show I've been to. Small venue, lots of crowd interaction with the band, and flawless musicianship.

Going to see Mastodon soon, maybe they can top it.

\m/

• flipper
    flipper

Wow ! Lots of great musical tastes here ! Of the musicians you folks have seen that I have not been lucky enough to see who I would want to definitely go see :

Dave Matthews Band

Pink Floyd ( have a live DVD )

Sting ( have a live DVD )

Neil Young

Jethro Tull ( have a live DVD )

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Rolling Stones ( have a live DVD ) .

I hope to see some of these groups perform live in the future. I have most of these groups music on CD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit