Best Music Concert you Attended - Favorite Live Musicians ?

by flipper 63 Replies latest jw friends

• dandingus
    dandingus

My favorite live shows I've seen include (in no particular order):

Tool (awesome light show)

Shinedown (great energy)

Creed (See them every time they come around. I think it's like 4 or 5 now.)

Ra (my personal favorite "unknown" rock band. Saw them half a dozen times. They're awesome!)

Sevendust (amazing drummer. Saw them 3 times)

Pearl Jam (great, great live music. Awesome sound.)

I've also seen:

Disturbed, Nickelback, Trivium, All That Remains, Five Finger Death Punch, Shadows Fall, Drowning Pool, Staind, Seether, The Rolling Stones, Journey, Heart, Cheap Trick, Breaking Benjamin, Halestorm, Live, Cake, Trapt, AlterBridge, Papa Roach, Three Doors Down, Theory of a Deadman

And years ago, during my country days:

Randy Travis (favorite among this group), Vince Gill, Patty Lovelace, Sammy Kershaw, Brian White, David Allen Coe

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

AC/DC and Metallica

• Dagney
    Dagney

I saw the Jackson's Victory tour now that I think about it. It was at Dodger stadium and we had seats on the field close to the stage. MJ was was there. I don't remember much about it...except a flashy stage with lots of lights. But I'm sure he was fantastic, a good time I think in his life, maybe, I hope.

Jacksons were a part of LA and JW culture at the time. Everybody had some connection.

• flipper
    flipper

Man oh man. All you people that saw Pink Floyd live ! I'm so envious ! One of my top 5 favorite groups of all time ! Ouch ! Now Richard Wright s dead, and Roger Watters a bit of an odd duck - love Gilmour though, have his solo albums and CD's - maybe I'll have to settle on seeing HIM live if he ever comes to California !

Another group I'd LOVE to see reunite and make new music is Led Zeppelin . I know, I know. Bonham's dead. But his son does a great job on drums in their one show in London back in late 2007. Jimmy Page is chomping at the bit to re-unite as Zeppelin - if he can just get Robert Plant to stop acting like an old geezer with Allison Krausse and get back to his roots - perhaps the mighty Zep can soar again ! One can only dream. I think Page and Plant could write some fantastic new songs together ! Edited to add : you think Robert is in a relationship with Krausse ? Why ELSE wouldn't he want to reunite Zep ? I mean, come On ! If they reunited they would make mega $$$$$ compared to the Allison Krausse adventure ! Interested in anyones take on this ! LOL ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

flipper, i would sell my soul to see the reunited mighty zeppelin live.......but this would give credibilty to another dumbass topic about rock'n'roll being satanic!

i did see robert plant live after his second solo release.....great show, started with zep's "nobody's fault but mine" and just got better!!!

• flipper
    flipper

BONNZO- Yeah, you and me both ! I wish Zeppelin would get back together and Plant stopped fiddle farting around wasting time with Alison Krausse ! What does he want to be anyway- a reincarnation of a David Cassidy vocalist or something ? Jesus. I agree- Plant has a great voice- but I think he is BETTER in the rock and roll and blues genre - in my opinion. I have all his solo stuff as well

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Radiohead 2008 - Live on BBC Radio - 300 lucky winners in the audience sitting on comfy chairs - I was 8 metres away. Incredible acoustics - that's what a band sounds like in your living room.

U2 2001 Earls Court London - just before Bono's dad died - he knew time was running out

Radiohead 2003 - Veladrome Berlin

The Editors 2008 - Oxford academy - intense performance

Madonna 2004/5? Wembley Arena - cost a small fortune - worth it.

MMXIV

• flipper
    flipper

MMXIV- U 2 would be a great band to see perform as well. I wish I could have seen the Doors live also - I have all their music too

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Been to so many, but the ones that came to mind:

Los Lobos--those guys kick ass in lots of genres!

Bruce Springsteen 1985 show, after Born in the USA came out, though my ears rang for a WEEK

Lately, my favorite guy to see is Richard Thompson, awesome.

• donuthole
    donuthole

Swell Season - This show was epic from open to close. The music was good but the spirit was uplifting. It resonated with forgiveness, faith, and love.

Belle & Sebastian - Absolute fun! L-O-V-E love it's coming back.

Throwing Muses/Kristin Hersh - Too many to name. My favorite Kristin Hersh performance was in a former presbtyrian church during a lightning storm. The City Tornado alarms went off during one of the songs and actually backed up the music perfectly. She also dedicated a song to our infant daughter.

OctoberRidge, Daytrip & Pop Riveter - That show was a turning point in my life when it came to discovering love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit