Best Music Concert you Attended - Favorite Live Musicians ?

by flipper 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

INXS @ the Warfield Theater, San Francisco, early 1980s.

They were on their way up.

Shaboo Shoobah had just been released.

Fairly small venue. Fantastic performance and sound.

There's nothing like seeing a band that makes it big before they get there.

om

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ohhhh I am envious too Jeff!

Many unbelievable Dead shows, Rollings Stones from Tattoo You on, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, U2, Neil Young, The Who, System of a Down, Ozzy, Opeth!, Paul McCartney, Audioslave (twice, the second show was probably the best show I've ever seen), Squirrel Nut Zippers (So damn fun!), Bob Dylan, Stone Temple Pilots, Blind Melon, Robert Plant, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Eagles, AC DC, REM, Billy Idol, Santana, Rob Zombie............

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Jeff T - We must be the same age as I did all of those classic rock shows myself...and CSN&Y were great...I sam them in LA and they took a few songs to warm up, but then they smoked it!

More recently, The Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" has to be the best...and believe it or not, two years ago, the Tom Jones show...that man put on an unbelievable live show!

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I've been to a ton of concerts... seen the Killers, McCartney, Ringo, Skynyrd, Nugent, Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters, Black Crowes, etc... I could go on and on... but the band who rocked the house the most live was the Presidents of the United States of America. I kid you not!

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Grateful Dead, Emmylou Harris, Allison Krause/Union Station. What can I say: Bear's Choice got me hooked on country music--especially older country songs, and bluegrass in particular.

• AGuest
    AGuest

As of today (and peace to all!)...

"Best" Concert Music - In this order:

- Diana Ross (1969)... awesome... and I mean, awesome...

- Andrea Bocelli (2005)... absolutely magnificent.

"Best" Concert (as in "I had a BLAST") - In this order:

- Parliament, Funkadelics, Brides of Funkenstein & Bootsy Collins (1976).

- Sly & the Family Stone (1973)

- Earth, Wind & Fire (1975, 1992)

- Graham Central Station (1979)

- Teena Marie (2000)

Anyway... peace... and ROCK (or blues, country, R&B, new age, hip hip, classical, jazz and rap) ON!

SA, on her own...

• beksbks
    beksbks

AGuest, where was the Parliament show? Was it Day on the Green????

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings, dear Beks... peace to you!

It was the Sports Arena in San Diego. I think it was the "Mothership Connection" (because I remember the pyrotechnics and a "spaceship" model coming down from the rafters)... but I could be wrong. HECKA' (I can just see my kids cringing - LOL!) fun concert, though... omigosh!!

Again, PEACE to you!

SA, on her own...

• JeffT
    JeffT

I was born in 1951. All of that happened my last couple of years of high school and first part of college. Left out John Mayall, It's a Beautiful Day, and probably a couple of others I was too stoned to remember. The Who was wild, The Doors were very good. I never was a huge Dead fan, but it was OK. It's a Beautiful Day was a down right disappointment.

• Lady Viola
    Lady Viola

I have been to a lot of concerts and festivals as well... Very hard to decide wich concert was the best ever! The most fun are always Franz Ferdinand, I must say... (and wouldn't kick Alex Kapranos out of my bed as well! ;))

And saw Eagles of Death Metal last year who were fantastic! Saw them at a festival a few years ago where Josh Homme of the QOTSA was the drummer for the occassion, which was great! I am going to Rockwerchter in Belgium this year, where Them Crooked Vulture are playing and I'm very curious about this project between John Paul Jones, Homme and Grohl! The line-up is almost complete and I'm looking forward to Editors (looove his voice) and Muse, but also Pearl Jam on the Sunday. It's going to be great!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit