Best Music Concert you Attended - Favorite Live Musicians ?

by flipper 63 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Radiohead (New Orelans)

Dwight Yoakam (Biloxi)

The Innocence Mission (New York City)

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Metric!!! I saw them in 2003, 2004 (2x), and 2005 (2x). And I haven't seen them since (dammit!). BUT ..... I see them again this Wednesday!!!!! Whoo-hooooo!

My only concern now is that I won't get to be in the front row like I'm used to, now that they're such a big music act now. The first time I saw them, it was at a small club, with not many people in there, and I got to meet the band afterwards, and get a hug and a picture taken with the guitarist. At another show, they ironically acknowledged a spoof I wrote of one of their songs, and we joked about it after the show. And when I saw them in the UK, I got to chat it up with the drummer while the next act was on. Somehow I think nothing like that is gonna happen this time, I think I'll be lucky to get anywhere near the stage.

Maybe this is TMI, but anyone ever got sooo into the music at a show that they, well, kind of experienced something that felt sooooo good (no not drugs), caused by the music itself??? Kinda like the same thing you feel in bed with a special someone??? Except it was the music that did it?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Pink Floyd at Camp Randall Stadium in 1994. Awesome show.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I forgot one of the very best shows I've seen. Tenacious D.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

1. Pink Floyd

2. The Who

3. Elton John

4. Meloncamp

5. Rolling Stones

6. Bob Dylon

However, this past summer I went to see Taylor Swift with my two teenage daughters in Wyoming and thought she was really something!!!!!!!!!!

• undercover
    undercover

I've seen so many concerts over the years there's no way to name all the best ones or even good ones. Some stadium shows that have stood out has been Pink Floyd, U2 and Springsteen.

There have been many shows where I've seen repeats of acts where one shows was good and then the next not so good. I've seen Dylan three times. One show was absolutely wonderful...the others, not so much. You never know with him. The quality of the show depends on his mood that day.

Dave Matthew Band puts on a good show. Even if you're not a big DMB fan, you can't help but have a good time at one of their shows. I've seen three shows, all three good.

I liked going to Grateful Dead shows, mostly because of the music but partly to just be part of the scene. What a long strange trip...

Sometimes I got to see my "heroes" and I was pleased, other times a little disapointed. I saw God hisself, Clapton. The show was okay but uninspired. I was a little disappointed. I felt like he just mailed it in.

Then sometimes I got talked into seeing a band that I liked okay but had no real desire to see. Then I would be impressed and had a blast. I saw Metallica after a friend talked me into going. I like Metallica okay, but I'm no metal head or anything. I went, expecting it to be good, but it wasnt' just good. It was really good. I thoroughly enjoyed that show and I could tell they were getting into playing for the crowd, not just going through the motions.

But over the last few years I've kinda given up on stadium and coliseum shows. Too expensive...too crowded. I've gotten to where I like to discover new music and most concerts I go to now are smaller venues with less known bands/performers. Sometimes I strike gold at these shows. There are tons of talented musicians out there. Just as talented, if not more so, than those who make the big bucks at stadiums. The difference being, the small bands haven't sold their soul to the machine... at least not yet. It's cool to see bands play for the love of the music and not so much for the money.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Phil ochs 1968, doors 1968, stones, ike & tina turner 1969,jefferson airplane, john sebastion, chicago, country joe and the fish,moody blues, peter paul and mary. townes van zant.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Pink Floyd circa 1995

Eric Clapton

Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Robdar
    Robdar

Pink Floyd

Roger Waters without Pink Floyd

Moody Blues

David Bowie (because he's freaking David Bowie)

Elton John

Billy Joel

The Jackson's Victory Tour

Bruce Cockburn

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

You saw the Victory tour? How was that? Was MJ at the show?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit