An Explanation of why TIME TRAVEL does not work

by Terry 110 Replies latest jw friends

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Elsewhere, I think BTS was reffering to the Space between his ears...

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

If it was possible time travelers from the future would be here right now!...............or are they?

• recovering
    recovering

hmm The argument for and against time travel is very interesting. Einsteins theories of relativity seem to allow for time travel however Stephen Hawkins string theory seems to rule it out. Einstein's theory says the faster an object moves the slower time passes for that object in relation to the stationary observer. His theory goes on to state as you aproach the speed of light time indeed sslows and stops, once the speed of light is achieved. Indeed his theory seems to point to the possibility that if the speed of light is surpassed time would start going backwards for that object. (theory of special relativity)

Hawkins on the other hand postulates that the speed of light is finite , therefore time can never go in reverse. He also theorizes that in order to manipulate time,you would need a region where a weak energy condition is satisfied, meaning that the region contains no matter with negative energy density (exotic matter)

Hawkins explainanation is addressed in his 1992 paper on the chronology protection conjecture, where he examines "the case that the causality violations appear in a finite region of spacetime without curvature singularities" and proves that "[t]here will be a Cauchy horizon that is compactly generated and that in general contains one or more closed null geodesics which will be incomplete. One can define geometrical quantities that measure the Lorentz boost and area increase on going round these closed null geodesics. If the causality violation developed from a noncompact initial surface, the averaged weak energy condition must be violated on the Cauchy horizon."

By the way do not concern yourself to much with the mathamatics involved just concentrate on the explanation. I am a medical radiation physicist and I to have a hard time with the mathmatical argument Hawkins proposes .

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

There is a recent article on time's arrow in Engineering & Science that you might like, that specifically discusses it with respect to entropy.

• cantleave
    cantleave

If the correct conditions are created to distort the Space / time continuum it should be possible for the time to go back on itself and form a loop. Once this loop is formed an entity should be able to travel anywhere along that loop, i.e forwards and backwards in time.

• Terry
    Terry

What, then, is pure energy?

Sylvia

Aha! That is a wonderful question!

This is extremely important that you ask this.

The only "answers" you get will be complete bullshit. (Pardon my merde).

"Energy" is one of those rubbery words crackpots love to use because it SEEMS to mean something.

Science cheats. You'll hear about what energy DOES or can do. But, we are talking about actual vs potential and not really defining our term.

The problem with defining "energy" is that we don't ever really define it--we just substitute another word for it! (i.e. "force")

I once offered a physicist my own proprietory definition for him to comment on.

I said, "I define energy as the motion of particles."

He said, "hmmmmmm..." speculatively.

That's all he said.

• recovering
    recovering
    No. In our universe it is impossible for an area of space to contain nothing. Any region of space that is empty will have particles of matter spontaneously emerge to fill in the "nothing".

Elsewhere I would like to point out to you that the laws of physics do not allow for matter to be spontaneosly created. I believe the link you provided is speaking about vacuum energy a purely theoretical concept.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Recovering at some point that must have happened.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Energy cannot only be the motion of particles. That would be just one form energy.

Are photons truly particulate in nature?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

But I recall that Sherman and Peabody disproved your point when they developed the Way-Back machine for time travel.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit