An Explanation of why TIME TRAVEL does not work

by Terry 110 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

So what is God made of? space or matter? :-)

so time travel could be possible only if MAtter was created in order for you to appear on the new timeline right? So if later on science finds a way to create/destroy matter then it would be possible to travel through time.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

To get the energy needed to create matter, one would need a LOT of other matter, and then the new matter would STILL be made from OLD matter. Therefore, until we can create energy without using any matter (impossible in this universe; we'd need to find another) we won't be able to create any new matter.

As for what God is made out of, either he exists outside this universe and is made of something we can't possibly identify or he exists inside every single part of this universe in some way that is almost as difficult to identify. If he's made of just some of the matter and/or energy within this universe but not all of it, he's not really much of a god because his omnipresence and omnipotence are then ruined.

• snowbird
    snowbird

What, then, is pure energy?

Sylvia

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

As for what God is made out of, either he exists outside this universe and is made of something we can't possibly identify or he exists inside every single part of this universe in some way that is almost as difficult to identify. If he's made of just some of the matter and/or energy within this universe but not all of it, he's not really much of a god because his omnipresence and omnipotence are then ruined.

The thought has crossed my mind that what people call 'God' is nothing more than Dark Matter. Although I'm pretty sure George Lucas used what is known of dark matter as his basis for 'The Force'... it binds us, surrounds us and flows through us'... or some shit like that.

• Titus
    Titus

I believe I can fly!

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I believe I can fly!

So did R. Kelly and he ended up pissing on 15 yr. old girls... :)

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Time travel into the future is doable as long as you have a space ship that can travel at relativistic speeds.

It is not "instantaneous" time travel so I suppose it doesn't violate your rule about something "vanishing" from now and "appearing" in the future. Travel at 99.9% the speed of light for 1 year and you will have travelled forward in time over 22 years.

You can also do this sort of time travel by hanging out near an intense gravitational object, like the event horizon of a black hole.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Space is a fundamental physical thing, with measureable properties.

In this, it is like time and matter. All of these are currently irreducible.

Space can be bent. Space births virtual particles.

Space is not nothing.

BTS

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> So, SPACE is nothing?

No. In our universe it is impossible for an area of space to contain nothing. Any region of space that is empty will have particles of matter spontaneously emerge to fill in the "nothing".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_energy

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Virtual particles are cool. They cause black holes to "evaporate."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit