An Explanation of why TIME TRAVEL does not work

by Terry 110 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Even with electrons Heisenberg's uncertainty principle call into question their nature.

• Terry
    Terry

If the correct conditions are created to distort the Space / time continuum it should be possible for the time to go back on itself and form a loop. Once this loop is formed an entity should be able to travel anywhere along that loop, i.e forwards and backwards in time.

First off, I want to say from the outset that I am not taking a "I'm right and you're not" approach. I'm just responding to what you've said.

I view time as a potential and not an actual. Think of it as a way of thinking about events in relation to some fixed point.

There is no actual time.

So when you say "it should be possible for the time to go back on itself and form a loop" I read this as follows:

"it should be possible for ___events in relations to some fixed point__to go back on themselves and form a loop.."

Which is to say: I cannot extract "meaning" from that set of conditions and unpack your intention.

When theorists use mathematics to set up initial conditions KEEP IN MIND those are constructions which DO NOT NECESSARILY conform to instantiation (instances) in everyday real life.

In other words, when talking about time and energy the language is not necessarily a map to a REAL place.

That is where we amateurs really get hung out to dry!

We assume we ARE really talking about an actuality. Well, we aren't!

• Terry
    Terry
    Even with electrons Heisenberg's uncertainty principle call into question their nature.

Heisenberg's principle only means to tell us that OUR METHODs disturb our READINGS.

We bounce things off of particles. That disturbs the direction. So, our results are UNCERTAIN.

An electron microscope bounces electrons. A regular microscope bounces photons. That is an impact. So, the methodology leaves an uncertainty.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Terry, In these hypothetical mathematical concepts nobody can say I am right or wrong, that's the fun of concepts such as string theory!!

If you distort the space time continuum anything within that space will also be distorted and will therefore a fixed point cannot be derived.

• Terry
    Terry
    Energy cannot only be the motion of particles. That would be just one form energy.

We are only talking about "form". Which is to say, we are really playing a game with our own mind using PLATO. (Remember I warned that would happen.)

You can't have "energy" without motion of (fill in the blank.) Something happens. A thingy vibrates.

What we need are particular instances to lend "meaning" to our discussion. Without that we drown in language and meta-language.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Heisenberg's principle results in the concept of wave particle duality which addresses concepts such as particles behaving like waves.

• Terry
    Terry
    I would like to point out to you that the laws of physics do not allow for matter to be spontaneosly created.

at some point that must have happened.

Actually, the existence of energy/matter is not logical ONLY IF a beginning is postulated which would give us the UNMOVED MOVER (of Aristotle).

The presupposition is the enemy.

i.e. Everything must come from something.

There is the culprit.

You see, in logic, you only get out of a chain of reasoning what you initially put in it to begin with. i.e. your presuppositions are foundational to premises.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Ok Now I am lost in time and space. What is a good read to start?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Lets see if we can answer the unanswerable on this thread. What was the singularity and what was there before the singularity?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Cyberjesus - Stephen Hawking is as good a place as any - A brief history of time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit