I'm new here!

by its_me! 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

Welcome "it's_me"

It's so wonderful you have a good friend that recommended this site. There is a good range of personalities here, everyone unique, yet everyone understands where you have been,,most of us have been there, high percentage of born-ins or raised in. Also, I recommend you to start reading like Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz. He had been a Governing Body member and left it, and was disfellowshipped. However, he tells the truth and facts on how the Governing Body works and the history of the Watchtower. He is actually a humble man and not hateful. There are other good books to read and others can recommend those to you.

• its_me!
    its_me!

Sky Who- I had a great time too! Thank you for trusting me enough to tell me everything you had learned. And for introducing me to those books!

Gayle- I have heard from several that "Crisis of Conscience" was well worth the read. I can't wait to get my hands on it! Thank you

Okay I am going to go post my story so that you can all know a little about my background.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Welcome It's Me,

To have a voice after having none is great isn't it. To know that there are other people out there in cyber world who have struggled just like you have and felt the emotional and spiritual void of the Watchtower Society congregations. I know when I found this site after I was disfellowshipped back in 2001 it was like a room flooded with light after sitting in the darkness so long I thought I was losing my mind. This site is a great place to read, talk and heal. I know I don't come here as much as I once did but the healing I've experienced from being a JW is complete.

Stick around and embrace the love.

Ruth

• life is to short
    life is to short

Welcome

This sight is wonderful. Though some on this sight can also bring you down so do be careful.

Most though are so caring and wonderful. Flipper,Snowbird, coffee break, Palmtree, on and on so many are so kind Jamie Bowers, Lady Lee oh there are so many who will help you and even let you call them on the phone. OH mouthy what a wonder person. There are just so many.

I have been through so much myself.

I just went to my support group last night and they believe me in my support group about being sexily abused as a child. Yet the elders are saying I made it all up. One of the members of my support group looked at me last night and said that the elders are doing that on purpose.

This man who has worked with victims of sexily abuse said that the elders are trying to make me go crazy. How sick is that. Why would a three year old know about sex like I did? I am not crazy. The elders are just trying to make me feel that way.

But some on this sight also say these things did not happen. So just sick with those who welcomed you they are good people and we are all glad to have you here.

LITS

• its_me!
    its_me!

Life is too short--- No one can sit there and tell you that you are making something like that up in good conscience. To say that for sure, they would have to have been present with you for every second of your life. That is outrageous. Don't you dare let them make you think you are crazy!

Balsam--- Glad to hear that you are healed up from the wounds of being in that Organization, I look forward to being able to say the same! Thank you so much for the kind words.

The support thing sounds great! I would love to talk to you all in person or on the phone. I don't know how to Pm yet. I don't even know if I am allowed!. I can't help looking at this site and wondering how many of you live close by to me!

I just spent 2 and a half hours typing out my whole story, and my internet disconnected and I lost it! So mad. But I will type it out again, so that you all can know a little more about me!

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((LifeIsTooShort)))))))

I believe you.

Sylvia

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Focus on what you know it true and those who do believe you LITF. The naysayers are only trying to hurt and control you.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome to the site. You really sum up well how many people here feel. I related very much to your comment:

I think that being part of the Org. takes away any personal identity you may have had, and as I was born into it, I have never really known who I was, what I wanted, what I liked. I am looking forward to discovering who I am!

I am 40 and am only just going through that stage now, something I should have done as a teenager. It is emotionally stifling to be told exactly what to believe, how to feel and what moral judgements you must make.

• ziddina
    ziddina

(I can't resist the pun...)

Hellloooo, it's me.... I've thought about us for a long, long time.... (With apologies to Todd Rundgren...)

Good to have you on-board!!! Zid

• shamus100
    shamus100

Mmmmm.... fresh meat!!!

Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit