I'm new here!

by its_me! 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Not only do we welcome you to JW-net, we encourage you to participate.

Each new person who arrives gives us a fresh perspective on the the state of things inside the Kingdom Hall presently.

What would you regard as the biggest "hanging question" in the air (rumors, speculations, gossip) about the state of things in Jehovah's Witness theology right now?

Good to have you here Its_me

Terry

• doublelife
    doublelife

Welcome! I've been on this board for about 5 or 6 months and I still can't tear myself away. It's like an addiction. Oh, and I'm a born in also.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Is it_me or is it_you?

Welcome aboard it's_me!

om

• cry
    cry

Welcome to you. You have made the first and most important step - seeing things as they truly are. Don't worry too much about where you go from here. Take it one step at a time and at your own pace. I wish I had such a fabulous resource as this site when I left - I was completely on my own, and sometimes doubted my sanity, or was made to feel that way. You can look forward to some intelligent discussion, with lots of love and some hilarious posts - in other words - exactly the opposite of what you have been used to!

• flipper
    flipper

IT'S_Me- Welcome to the board my friend ! I'm glad you are enjoying the board. Lots of good people here and good topics to learn from. I was a born-in like you ( in 44 years ) , got out in late 2003 . You will find it gets easier the longer you stay away from the " cult mind control " of the WT society and Jehovah's Witnesses. I didn't read any other posts , so someone may have said this, but I'll say it for emphasis. If you haven't read Steve Hassan's books " Combatting Cult Mind control " & " Releasing the Bonds- Empowering People to Think For Themselves " - please do so. You won't regret it. It helped me to understand what I went through as a JW. Good to have you ! Look forward to your posts ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Welcome, It's-me! By the way, it isn't you--it's that crazy organization.

Unless, of course, you mean it's the real you now, not the personality the watchtower forced upon you--in which case, I'm happy to meet you. There's all types here, so you'll soon find some members you fit right in with.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome. And we never get tired of hearing the stories of our kindred spirits.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Another welcome.

Yes, it is scary at first. Just take a deep breath, and go slow.

Please take stock of all things. You have more choices now...please formulate some goals.

Education? Previously not encouraged (in witnessland), but will really boost your self esteem, not to mention allow you to KNOW THINGS ABOUT THE WORLD AROUND YOU.

Relationships? Please be careful and respect yourself.

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

Welcome! I look forward to reading your posts!

• bluegirl78
    bluegirl78

Hi, and welcome! I'm new here myself so I know what you mean about being riveted to this site, lol. Anyway, I'd love to hear your story if you feel like sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit