I'm new here!

by its_me! 75 Replies latest jw friends

• its_me!
    its_me!

Baba Yaga- I am glad you caught that! I think that being part of the Org. takes away any personal identity you may have had, and as I was born into it, I have never really known who I was, what I wanted, what I liked. I am looking forward to discovering who I am!

RosePetal- Thank you for your kind words. I am so glad to be here.

troubled mind- I have been lurking for a few weeks, I was scared at first, but then I couldn't help myself, I had to join! I am so glad that I have been accepted, I have been waiting for 5 days to be accepted. Patience is not my strong suit!

• Titus
  • goldensky
    goldensky

Dear it's_me!, we are all so happy you found this board! Yes, it certainly is a discovery, isn't it? We have all drawn lots of inner strength, comfort and good laughs from it. I'm not surprised you can't take your eyes off the computer these first days. Amazing to realize how many people had already felt the same as you, and we all thought we were alone or nearly! Feel very welcome here. All the best to you. Hugs, OLGA.

• spawn
    spawn

welcome and have fun posting

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Hello to you!

From,

Palm

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Hello and Welcome its_me!

I had similar feelings and reaction to yours when I first stumbled upon this site 6 years ago. I had already left for good, having made a good start on investigation into the problems within the organization. But I had no support. This site provided that, and the insightful outlook and volumes of proof to clarify with references what I already knew or suspected, was just the prescription for my wife and I at the time.

When I first found this place I thought my journey was done - I was out and that was that! Little did I know how deep the feelings ran, and how much healing was needed to my injured mind. This was balsam to the soul.

Glad to have you here, and look forward to hearing more of your story/views/growth.

Peace/Namaste

Jeff

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Welcome!!! This is a wonderful, terrific website and the people who are on here are great!! It has truly helped me regain my sanity. Hope that you find the same peace of mind that many of us have found.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Welcome! This forum is filled with people who have experienced, first hand, the "love" that exists among JWs.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Welcome, its_me! I don't have to imagine how emotional you must feel. I just found out over the course of the past year about everything. I'm freshly DF'd for refusing to believe in doctrines I could no longer support in good conscience. Family has been crazy lately, but I'm hanging in there and feeling a lot better than I was when I had to face the congregation and pretend things were okay.

There are some really wonderful people here--along with your usual knuckleheads--so I hope you get to meet as many wonderful people as possible! My only advice is to be careful of your choices. It will be easy to get sucked back in or sucked into a relationship that is just as bad (if you're single). Be mindful of your feelings. Do your homework, find information yourself, convince yourself of what is going on. Knowing that you're not imagining it will take a long time to sink in.

I'm sure someone here has already given you a recommended reading list. But you really have to take your time if you're just starting out with this. Some of the things going on are very upsetting to take in, so...take your time to absorb it all.

We're here for you. You are welcome to send me a PM if you'd like to talk in more detail. Take care!

--Christopher

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum.

Us born in's have to keep reminding ourselves that we didn't choose to be brought up in a high control, failed doomsday religion. That was our parents choice, and they are the ones that should have to deal with the consequences. Not us. We were just innocent children until they filled our heads with stories of demons and killer gods.

Join me in my chant:

It wasn't our fault.

It wasn't our fault.

It wasn't our fault.

It wasn't our fault.

It wasn't our fault.

(((((its_me!)))))

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest