What religion would you recommend for those who want to leave the WTS?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fluke
    fluke

There is a Jesus... But before anyones follows what they think is him, research - mythras -

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&q=mithras&meta=&aq=0s&oq=mythras&fp=20936eb23e106436

• chickpea
    chickpea

whatever brings you joy and lifts your spirit....

(everyone is an atheist about most gods...
    some of us just go one god further)

• Scully
    Scully

Just because the WTS bleats "Where else are you going to go?" doesn't mean you need to find another religion.

Try finding yourself first.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Right when we left the Dubs I kept getting frustrated with my job. My mother told me I needed to get Zen about it. That's when I started looking into Buddhism. I can't claim to be a Buddhist and I wouldn't recommend converting. However, I would recommend reading Buddhist-related inspirational material such as Pema Chödrön's books. Rather than directing someone to another God or religion, this type of reading helps individuals get in touch with themselves which is what ex-JWs need most of all.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I recommend you don't take anybody's recommendation about a particular religion, including my own. Instead ask yourself: what do you believe is the right way to live? What do you believe is important in life? When you have answered those questions, then examine the doctrines and practices of religions that seem to fit them. Then you can join the religion (if any) that fits your values, instead of trying to fit your values to a particular religion. You're doing neither yourself nor your newly adopted congregation a favor if you pretend to be something on the outside that isn't what you are inside. Hypocrisy is any ugly thing in any faith.

GLT

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It is my general observation (obviously not true for all) that many JW's who leave do try to find another religion instead of chilling out. But, to each their own.

When you think of all that is contained in the phrase "recommend a religion", I for one would hardly do that, even if (gawd forbid) I did find one that I felt somewhat strongly about. It's just too personal.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

If you look within you will find all you need. I don't go to any church, don't follow any mans' doctrine. I listen to what I need, I live by my conscience and so far it is working for me.

• Chalam
    Chalam

What religion would you recommend for those who want to leave the WTS?

None! Agreed!

"Religion" is following rules and traditions, "trying to be good", "do the right thing." It is impossible to do so forget it!

Get a relationship with Jesus. He will take your heavy bags and swap them for His Spirit who brings lasting love, peace, joy and life. He bring purpose to life where there was emptiness, meaning where there was pointlessness.

He will give you a new nature, the nature of His Spirit who leads you live like Jesus, without guilt, shame, condemnation but with grace, mercy and love.

To me, a deal like that is a no brainer :)

Sure, you are still left with some of the old ways to deal with. You will try and deal with them on your own, addictions, lusts, anger, hatred, jealousy, strife and the rest of it. You will try and win victory like you did before, trying hard and attempting to gain victory in you own strength. However, sooner or later you will realise you need to give all that junk to Him, like you did in the first place, call upon Him name, use His strength.

The walk isn't always easy. Having Jesus as Lord doesn't mean all you problems will disappear or you will never have another. Sure, He will bring many good things, but you will also have problems for sure, some big ones maybe. You will question like we all do, but once again, these struggles are best given to your Heavenly Father who has your best interests at heart, hurts when you hurt, wins when you win.

He has things that will thrill you, motivate you, encourage you. Don't think these are particular "God" parts of one's life. He wants to bring you victory and blessing in every area, work life, home life, family life, friends life, love life and everything else.

So yes, get out of the WT, it isn't working and never has. It brings no joy, no peace, no love, no victory, no guarantee. It brings only heavy burdens, condemnation, heartache and emptiness.

Forget about trying to find a religion but instead about finding the One who brings life, who died that we might have it in abundance :)

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• cantleave
    cantleave

Religion is a snare and racket!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

When I finally got around to studying the WT for truthfulness and found it wanting, I eventually realised that everything I thought I knew about God had come to me via that religion.

Everything.

The Bible was only the word of God to me because I happened born to parents in a country that didn't think the way to paradise and 72 virgins was to blow myself up in a marketplace.

I bought myself a Bible translated by Moffat, who translated it as an historical document rather than a document to support his religious bent. I read the Greek scriptures in chronological order rather than in the order in which they appear in most/all Bibles. I read them using the rules of English grammar as Moffat's is an English translation and my native language is English.

After a few days of reading it I became a born-again Christian. A few weeks later, and lots of reading later, I realised that Bible God was just as real to Christians as the Rainbow Serpent was to Australian Aborigines. In fact, the Rainbow Serpent was older than Adam. It is the oldest continuously held religious belief. Do I believe in it? No! I am not an Australian Aborigine! .... I am not a Jew either!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit