What religion would you recommend for those who want to leave the WTS?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• poppers
    poppers

Just because the WTS bleats "Where else are you going to go?" doesn't mean you need to find another religion.

Try finding yourself first.

Very wise counsel. Get to the very essence of what "you" are. Everything we do seems to radiate from the separate sense of "me". It makes sense, therefore, that this "me" should be investigated first. See if you can find it.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome bnybyt!

Blessings,

Stephen

• minimus
    minimus

My daughter has expressed a desire to possibly give the kids a religious foundation. So far she hasn't made any choices. I thought Universalism was interesting for someone who felt the need for "religion".

Recently, I went to a Jewish funeral. It was an uplifting experience and I can say I actually felt "good" while there and afterward. They celebrated life unlike JWS!

• undercover
    undercover

http://dudeism.com/

That's great! I think I just found my new religion...

Check out the book of Duderonomy:

http://dudeism.com/duderonomy.html

Take 'er easy for all the sinners of the world, dude. Abide. And amen.

Duderonomy 4:5

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I would not recommend any religion although some might disagree. Some people may like the feeling of 'belonging' to something and I won't judge them if that is what they want. With the bad economy, more needy people are attracted to religions and churches. A kind person may find themselves falling into the same trap they were in with the JW religion. I have no desire to be targeted by users or needy people who think a woman is an easy mark. I want no part of it. I had a belly full of this in the JW religion.

Also, I can live without this 'togetherness' and don't need or want a group. I can be spiritual on my own. History always repeats itself anyway and religions that start out with good intentions always end up with politics, hierarchy, corruption and abuse.

• JWoods
    JWoods

My impression has been that about 75% of exJWs just go on without any formal new religion.

Not to say that all religions are somehow bad, but it is just so easy to see through things once you have seen through the Watchtowerism.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

"What religion would you recommend for those who want to leave the WTS?"

It all depends on why they want to leave. Some want to be in control of their own lives instead of being a Watch-a-tower lineman. Others want something to cling to that appears to be more cuddly than a Watchtower. Some want a more mystical experience that they can interpret any way they want to.

It all comes down to one thing ultimately. You either believe in invisible beings that are guiding humans or you don't.

I just have no time for the deluded - I am a slave to Cesar. Hail Cesar!

• on the rocks
    on the rocks

I think you shld just have fun....pursue money and pleasure.

• nykid
    nykid

This is an easy question, NONE!

• Gregor
    Gregor

Secular Humanism. Check it out. ( I get to count 9 seconds on my time sheet for this post)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit