What religion would you recommend for those who want to leave the WTS?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

my reccommendation and this is what I try to do is - think with my body not just with my mind. And remember that your body and brain interact with the environment and change it too (the changes of course work both ways). To me this is "religion" and what we call "divine". In this state one can be in any religion or environment

this probably doesn't make much sense

• designs
    designs

bnybyt-

Nice that you mention this group, the Christian Millennial Fellowship or New Covenant Bible Students, what a suprise it was to learn about them.

The Original breakaway group from CT Russell and the Bible Students back in 1906, they were the Reformation of their day and still around. I've been to their conventions and home study groups, sweet, sincere down to earth people with some nice charity programs going on throughout the world.

If someone wants to attend a simple 'Memorial' for Nisan 14th they even include a roast lamb diner, at least one's I went to.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

I regularly worship at the alter of freedom - in fact some might say that I do so actively although I don't submit a monthly report to demonstrate how active I am. I would worship more but work gets in the way - not that I'm trying to justify or judge myself.

I can't recommend what others should do - except to avoid being stuck as a JW

MMXIV

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I have come to believe that religion is beyond unnecessary; it is a detriment to fulfillment.

You can follow Christ without having a religion. You can live the Tao. You can be kind and loving. Whatever Creator God exists, the key to pure worship of him is to simply be the kind of person the Father of All would be proud to call a son or daughter. Everything beyond that is a tradition of men.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

NONE although http://dudeism.com/ sounds cool hehe

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

None...religion is a state of mind and you can do that in the privacy of your own bathroom. No building needed.

On the other hand, if someone thought they were a Christian while a JW...going to another Christian church is a lateral move if they need the feel of it. I would then recommend a BIG church with lots of music and lots of people you can get lost in where nobody gives a shit if you are there or NOT once a week.

:)

• zagor
    zagor

Sex, drugs and rock and roll. OK not a second one but anything else that beside sex gives you a thrill ride, jumping out of plane perhaps ;)

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Clyde and I joined a local Moose lodge (part of Moose International). We were amazed at all the charitable work they are involved in, and we are now happy to spend a few hours a week volunteering. Clyde has actually been made a "prelate". The only requirement to join is that we state that we believe in a higher diety and are not terrorists. We were OK with that. We just commented to each other that the Moose has filled the void in our lives. It's all we need. We don't need a controlling religion.

Bonnie

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

GOD'S GRACE!

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

Pedestrian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit