I have a serious problem

by My Name is of No Consequence 107 Replies latest jw experiences

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ AudeSapere

It is not clear from your comments which relationship(s) you are trying to hold on to.

My wife, son, parents, cousins, aunts, uncles and grandmother. I am a 3rd generation born-in.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

MNIONC, I did not mean to insult you. I sincerely want things to go well for your family. I misspoke when I said you did not tell us he was your stepson. I meant to say you didn't tell us until page 4 and on your 8th reply. I understand why you left it out but not having that fact affected our advice some.

You also said there is more to the story but you are afraid there might be too many identifiers and chose not to tell us. That's wise in your situation but there might be something relevant that we would need to know in order to make an informed reply. My point is it is hard to give sound advice without knowing all of the facts.

Hopefully, you will be able to use what works for you and disregard the rest.

Well, I met with the brother and told him that EVERYTHING involving him and my son will and must go through me and that includes the study. He agreed to "back off".

I made the mistake of telling my wife about the conversation. She is not happy. She basically told me that if I was "spiritually strong", no one would have to pick up the slack as far as headship (as seen through the eyes of the witnesses) goes.

It got so bad between us that I spent last night at a motel. Yeah, this religion as done wonders for my family.

• william draper
    william draper
    You need to take immediate steps to strengthen the. Relationship you have with your son , listen to some of Ray Franz book on YouTube if you can't get book , You NEED to set an example for your son showing courage and strength , acting with wisdom . If you are posting on here . . . you have surely already been marked , do not mistake wanting to questioningly things as being spiritual , it is not the same . YHWH
  • william draper
    william draper
    CORRECTION ... Do not mistake being unsure about some things or feeling the need for more understanding , as being spiritually weak . Also we don't have room for you on this boat , too many men already aboard . FIX IT .
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

MNIONC: I made the mistake of telling my wife about the conversation. She is not happy. She basically told me that if I was "spiritually strong", no one would have to pick up the slack as far as headship (as seen through the eyes of the witnesses) goes.

Great job on putting the nosy brother in his place.

It was NOT a mistake to tell your wife about this. It was the right thing to do.

Do NOT let her emasculate you. This religion is designed to neuter men.

Assert yourself. You don't have to be a jerk about it. Just be real. Be calm, be firm, be clear.

We all know that "spiritually strong/weak" in JW-speak means the exact opposite of what it means in the real world.

@ william draper:

Also we don't have room for you on this boat , too many men already aboard

What are you talking about?

On top of that, I don't feel that I am spiritually weak. I know more about the bible and "spiritual" things in general than she does.

• william draper
    william draper
    Many have given good advice on here . If the child's dad is alive and a witness , I don't expect there would be any way to keep the child from studying with another witness , and being baptized , if the child's dad by blood is not a witness and has nothing to do with his son by choice ( unlikely ) , and you truly are wanting to do right in the eyes of God , I think many have given you good support . I hope for the best .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit