God and Suffering

by AK - Jeff 322 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I think we need to talk about the good that comes with and through suffering. For example, it teaches us to avoid danger.

• sir82
    sir82
    seemingly impossible things.

What? Wait a minute.

Before it was absolutely impossible to have created a better world.

Now it is only seemingly impossible?

Which is it?

I can become God? Don't tell me you have Mormon leanings!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I think we need to talk about the good that comes with and through suffering. For example, it teaches us to avoid danger.

Well, now I'm back to the inconceivable.

Go to http://images.google.com/ and search for "smallpox".

Thankfully, a scientist gave us a vaccine.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

BTS,

In a nutshell, God is bound by God.

And why would God bind himself? Does he have complexes that must be bound? And Does God binding himself imply he is in his own prison of drives that need binding?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Before Adam and Eve sinned, everything was perfect, with no earthquakes killing humans and animals. That's the story I'm talking about.

Ah, THE STORY.

Was that before Adam started riding T-rex's and domesticated the Brachiasaurus?

Dude, I know you know better than that and I appreciate your "devil's advocacy" but I think that if we are goming to try to understand the un-understandable, we can at least try to not use in WT material, :)

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

DD,

Does this teaching exercise, apply to only humans or does God learn from it too?

• sir82
    sir82

Yes, think of all the important lessons all those 6 month old orphans learned, who were trapped under the rubble of the earthquake in Haiti, as they slowly died of dehydration.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Frankie

Does this teaching exercise, apply to only humans or does God learn from it too?

That is a good question, the bible says; Jesus learned obedience through suffering.

sir82

Yes, think of all the important lessons all those 6 month old orphans learned, who were trapped under the rubble of the earthquake in Haiti, as they slowly died of dehydration.

Think of the lessons that we all could learn, like how short and fragil life is. But most of us will continue to take it forgranted.

• Perry
    Perry
    as they slowly died of dehydration.

Kinda like how God died on the cross? God has not created such a world that he himself hasn't been willing to fully experience himself. Logic can only take us so far. My faith tells me that there is a greater good that will be acheived in all this.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Do you "blame" God for this? or nature? or their parents for living in an earthquake zone?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit