What kind of women do men want?

by semelcred 115 Replies latest social relationships

• awildflower
    awildflower

Actually this is a really good question. Because a lot of guys will say they want a smart, average, funny, nice woman, and then look at all those super model magazines and fantasize. What's the deal? If guys didn't really want the super model, then why all those mags? I get confused

• leec
    leec

creativhoney ... check PMs :)

-----------

"Actually this is a really good question. Because a lot of guys will say they want a smart, average, funny, nice woman, and then look at all those super model magazines and fantasize. What's the deal? If guys didn't really want the super model, then why all those mags? I get confused

I can't answer for the "average guy" because I have never been one. When I see a 'super model' type the first thing I think of is how preoccupied a person has to be with themselves in order to be a 'super model' in the first place.

I freely admit that I am very biased in my own ways as to certain 'looks' influencing my physical attraction, but it's not the stereotypical legs, chest, etc. It's the eyes in my case that initially either attract or repel me. It's hard to explain ... not just the literal outward appearance of the eyes, but the personality I see inside of them.

And no, I'm not saying I'm indifferent to how a woman's body looks, not at all, but it's just that the most beautiful body can look ugly to me if matched with mean eyes and a selfish personality, and a so-so body can be beautiful if matched with kind loving eyes and a giving thoughtful personality.

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

I want a girl I can go shopping with- a girl I can el oh el while we sip hard liquor. A girl who will laugh at poop and fart jokes and burp like its nothing.

A girl I can check out guys with and comment as to what we would do to them. A girl I can cry with when he leaves and eat cake with. A girl who will tell me I'm all muscle and that I'm not at all puffy or fat and I'll do the same for her. Someone who will re-enact Beyonce and lady Gaga's 'Telephone' with while wearing horrible neon colored wigs.

Thats the kind of girl i want.

if she's rich that's a bonus.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Some guy at work said the perfect woman is beautiful in appearance, keeps the man's stomach full, his penis empty, and her mouth shut.

Not very nice, but I suspect is the reality of things nowadays.

DY

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

marriedtojw

You think that having an unstructured family has helped the divorce rate?

Actually, as gender roles have continued to erode, the divorce rate has begun to slide. It is now down around where it was in the 1940's. And it's even lower in states where gay marriage is legal. Seriously: when marriage is about people rather than gender roles, it becomes more attractive.

"There was a great hue and cry as the loss of asymmetry began to rise, as the coverture doctrine that made women unequal, passed. While the changes at first raised alarm because there was concern about the deterioration of families. As suffrage and equality for women rose, the doctrine of coverture seemed more and more archaic. It took a very long before this trajectory of the removal of the state from ascribing religious spousal roles was removed. In other words, tradition weighs heavily. "Because of the Supreme Court decisions of the 1970s, the quality of marriage has improved, not diminished."

— Liveblog notes on the testimony of Prof. Nancy Cott, during Day 2 of Schwarzenegger v. Perry

I'm lost at why women want so much to be away from the kids and house for hours a day, again not talking out of necessity (such as a need for money to make ends meet).

Would you want to stay home with your kids, all day, every day, rarely or never seeing another adult? Would you be satisfied with cooking and cleaning as a job – a job that does not pay a living wage in the outside world? And why should you work three jobs, even if you had the strength? You'd be gone all the time, and that is not good for a marriage! Why shouldn't she work one and you split the housework down the middle? And daycare: don't you think the kids would like to get out of the house?

With two very young kids, I want a woman who lets me be her "knight in shining armor"

A knight, a champion, is a great thing to have – but to be helpless themselves is something that women will not tolerate any more. Say "comrade in arms" and you might get further. Let the children be the precious lives that the two of you support and defend, together.

gently feral

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Some guy at work said the perfect woman is beautiful in appearance, keeps the man's stomach full, his penis empty, and her mouth shut.

That's absolutely ridiculous. You can't do number two with your mouth shut.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    What's the deal? If guys didn't really want the super model, then why all those mags? I get confused

For the same reason women will sit through the most asinine movie so long as there's a chance of seeing Matthew McConaughey without a shirt. Let's not pretend that women don't fantasize about such things.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Yes, the question is slightly sexist in implying that all men are looking for the same thing. There in lays the problem for the questinoer. Be yourself. Accept that you have a unique and wonderfull place to play in this world. If you are so unique that no man will love you, you are probably better off dead. But chances are you just haven't met enough people to find that special one. If you don't know how to recognise that special one, then you are not ready to meet them.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Actually this is a really good question. Because a lot of guys will say they want a smart, average, funny, nice woman, and then look at all those super model magazines and fantasize. What's the deal? If guys didn't really want the super model, then why all those mags? I get confused

It's like magazines with Ferraris and Lamborghinis. Yes, they're cool cars, but I sure as heck don't want to pay for one. My Camaro is just fine thank you very much!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Do guys really look at all those magazines with supermodels? I don't think that many do. Guys want women who they personally find attractive. In addition, some guys like for there to be good points of compatibility when seeking more than just sex and fun. Just some observations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit