Paulapollos

by minimus 130 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Caspian was a fraud.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I keep wondering why Paul Apollos signs his post with the initials 'PP'.

-Aude.

• minimus
  • Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Hi Marvin,

Ok, I looked at the letter, but like I said on my post to you, I was unsure of what you wanted from me.

My comments are as follows -

I'm not sure who "BOD" is. It seems to be referring to Bevan Vigo, a brother mentioned either on this thread, or another as BOD. However, BOD seems to be, according to this, to be tasked to view this board? I had no idea that was true, but if he is watching - hello Bevan.

It seems to me that there is reference to events here that I know nothing about - "Ashbourne 1993", DD (if this is a Bethel Elder, is this Dennis Dutton?) and is a plea for action?

I feel duty bound to say 2 things - the letter to me seems like it will simply have little effect. If you wish Bevan Vigo, or any other member of the Branch Commitee to take action, then perhaps a letter written to them, recorded delivery, with details of allegations/demands for action, and posted on this site?

Apart from that Marvin, I really cannot say anything, because I was not in Bethel in 1993, and if the writer was, and is referring to events then, I cannot help.

Sorry this was not PM'd, but Minimus asked me to post them here.

Sorry I couldn't help

PP

• minimus
    minimus

PP did you know "Caspian"?

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Hi Minimus,

I never heard of him, till Marvin asked me to look at his letter. Marvin said he had died - that is very sad.

PP

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

<!-- @page { margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } -->

Hi JWFreak,

I do know some of the people you mentioned. Andrew Llewellyn is still there – I simply cannot remember his wife's name. I used to play football with Mark Saunders – he was good friends with Keith Wright who may be getting married to a friend of mine.

Paul Wade, I know – he was in my congregation and is the head of the HLC department.

Phil was lovely, but Francesca is very ill, or was. Paul Gillies was one of the brothers who I had a run in with over my preaching.

Jack Dowson – well, many brothers found him abrasive, and he was very anti-football!But I never had any run-ins with hin till later, and then solely as a representative of the BC.

And Bevan Vigo – well, I can never look at an insect again!

Love

PP

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Casey,

Thank you so much for your post. I really agree that there is life after the organisation. I used to think, long ago, that truth could not be found outside. How wrong I was.

I hope that if you ever wish to talk, you will feel free to contact me.

Love

PP

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Minimus,

I realised that I had not answered a question you asked, about whether Bethel monitors this board, and you doubted it, from my expressions. Well, I must be honest, I personally had never heard of a forum where ex-jehovah's witnesses posted, until I actually left the organisation, and was introduced to this and other internet sites. Of course, I am not particularly techno-savvy, or even conversant with the jargon, such as my question about "trolls" indicated. I saw that on a topic linked to the originator of the letter Marvin asked me to look at, and was a little confused as to what was meant. As for my expressions, which I presume to mean my experiences, nothing that I have posted here is anything I am ashamed of, since it is the truth, and is well-known to the BC, and the congregations involved. I did not sign a confidentiality agreement, indeed, such things are not, in my knowledge, used by the Society unless you are working in specific Legal or Treasury projects, hence my expressions are not something I am concerned about.

In terms of whether Bethel monitors this site, I simply don't know. I presume that if any here have served in Bethel in either the Legal Department, the Service Department, or the Computer Department, they will be able to tell you. However, considering the amount of rhetoric that warns against "apostate" websites, if this monitoring is carried out, I would expect it to be very tightly controlled, and only by those considered to be spiritually mature brothers.

Love

PP

• faithisthekey
    faithisthekey

<!-- @page { margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } -->

Hi I'm new here, but I read with interest the recent posts by Paulapollos previously, and the current conversations.

From what I can see, the bulk of what has been posted re: the bible and its application to all, is true, these things will surely become apparent to more and more people as time goes on.

There are a few extra pieces to be filled in re. the recent disfellowshippings at bethel though, as I know the all brothers involved .

Firstly this has already been partly discussed on the e-jehovahs witnesses site by “ilovethebible” last summer.

Also Paulapollos says that all were df'd for apostacy and that another sister was df 'd soon afterwards for immorality, and that bethel was only too glad to let this event be linked in bros minds?

Well that is no doubt true. However there is an actual link (although it didn't have a bearing on the actual apostacy dfellowshipping at the time)

One of the df'd bros was in fact the other party involved in the dfellowshipping of the sister, ultimately leaving his wife for the other sister, a bethelite too.

The worst thing about this, is that it actually did play into the hands of WTS and many who had begun to show interest in the real message from the bible were stumbled by this. Others also when they learn the full facts, may be stumbled, it definitely detracts from the true message. (ironically, that is just what we would have been warned about in the org).

However whereas the org will cover something up to “protect the flock from being stumbled” Jehovah has never lied or been secretive about anything. Our faith in him & Christ is surely above what any man does, so although events such as this are saddening to all involved and who know, they do not, (or should not) affect our relationship with Christ & Jehovah.

That being said, in the interest of transparency, honesty and truth, I would like to ask Paulapollos a question outright.

Are you the Bro. who was df'd for apostacy and then left your wife for the other sister from bethel?

If the answer is yes, then as many on this topic/forum have already asked; How is your wife coping?

Also It would be good if you could consider and maybe even give us your thoughts on the following scriptures:

Rom 6: 1, 2, 12-16

1Tim 5:8

regards to all,

faithisthekey

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit