Paulapollos

by minimus 130 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

PP,

Can you give some legs to the following linked post from the now deceased Caspian?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/35243/1/Open-letter-to-Bod-at-the-London-Branch

Marvin Shilmer

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Hi Marvin,/

I'm not sure about this, do you mean can I give ideas and suggestions to improve it, etc?

Also, as a general question, could someone please explain to me what a "troll" is?!

PP

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

PP,

I am asking whether you can give more detail about the content of Caspian's open letter to the London Branch.

I'm not the techno-geek around here, but my understanding is that a troll is a participant that is other than what they represent themselves to be in order to garner attention and, basically, to wreak havoc by wasting everyone’s time.

Marvin Shilmer

• dissed
    dissed

Troll?

You mean the commentaries don't explain that?

Troll - Someone who invades a site with the sole purpose of disrupting it. Without sincerity, antagonistic, not willing to reason honestly.

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Ah Marvin,

I see, that's what you mean about the letter, ok i shall look at it

dissed - no, sadly the commentaries don't guide us on that topic - although it would be wonderful if they did!

pp

• besty
    besty

http://www.freeminds.org/organization/governing-body/the-governing-body-of-jehovah-s-witnesses-examining-their-claimed-authority.html

right now the article is on the homepage http://www.freeminds.org/

"One particular teaching that lends credence to the Governing Body being in authority over Jehovah's Witnesses, is the claim they are of the annointed class, and they have received God's Spirit in a way that enables them to govern rank and file Jehovah's Witnesses. Since the majority of Jehovah's Witnesses have not experienced this, they consider themselves not to be annointed. Although the Governing Body states officially that they do not have more holy spirit than rank and file Jehovah's Witnesses, most Witnesses view this experience, this feeling that we "know we are annointed", as a very special thing that give the Governing Body their authority. But does this claim stand up to Biblical scrutiny? Is it true that to be "annointed", we must have had a "experience", and we just "know"? Is the annointing based on you "feeling" you are a son of God, and the Bible applies to you in a special way, as many "annointed" claim?......" READ MORE

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

So, it's OK for the WT writing team to use worldly commentaries but the dubs can only use their literature to do research...

Thanks for sharing your experiences Paulapollos

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Caspian deceased? when did this happen?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Paulapollos,

Were your doubts sparked by surfing the net when doing your 'research' at Bethel? Come on, admit it.

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Hi Yaddayadda,

No, my doubts were not raised or given further impetus by surfing the internet while doing research at bethel - no-one surfs the internet while doing work-assingment research at bethel, in the area of work I was doing. I never actually had "doubts" - I simply read my Bible a lot, lot, lot more, and what I saw and learnt there was at variance with the organisation's teaching.

I never actually went on a single "apostate" site, until I was disfellowshipped.

Love

PP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit