Paulapollos

by minimus 130 Replies latest jw friends

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I've been busy today, so this is the first time that I've looked at this site - sorry!

Er, no, I have no idea why that piece of code appeared, but to be honest, I am not really a computer person, so I don't know.

Sorry about that.

Love

PP

• semelcred
    semelcred

Hi Paulapollos i sent you some mail.

regards

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Hi,

I'm sorry, I just noted about "wind-up" merchants. No, I am not a "wind-up merchant". I really have neither the time, nor the inclination, nor any other reason to do that. As I said, my only purpose here is to provide my experiences in the organisation and my perspective on it, and thier particular beliefs, to anyone who wants to leave, or wants to talk about the organisation - I am not here to "wind" anyone up, or recieve any "praise" (believe me, I don't deserve that), or even discuss my personal beliefs or life - really, I don't see the point.

Warm love to all

PP

PS - I sign it PP because someone on here called me that - I can't remember who.

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

semelcred

did you not receive my reply?

basically, i said yes #i know him and his wife? moved back to the #usa now, #i think.

PP

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Cadellin:

What I found jaw-dropping about the WCG video (and admittedly, I didn't watch the whole thing)--Armstrong predicted 1975 too??!!!???? Does anybody here know more about that???? When did he start predicting 1975 and could that have had any effect on the WTS's own prediction?

According to wikipedia (yeah yeah OK, but the timeline kinda harmonizes with a book I have) the well-known booklet the WCG published about 1975 was produced in 1956. Coincidentally(?), a seed was planted about 1976(!) being the end of 6,000 years of human history by the WTS in 1956 (w.56, 2/1, p.95).

It is 'known' that Armstrong was influenced by JW writings, but who exactly sparked off whom with the 1975 predictions, I don't know.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Watched the video and think it needs to be its own thread. I had no idea so many of their beliefs to similar to the JWs. I doubt if anything like that would happen the JW org...the dissenting congregation would be dissolved or there would be a mass df'ing.

PP and FITK welcome to the board!!!

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I got the impression that this outfit fell apart when the "leader" kicked the bucket. The problem with the WTS is perhaps that is has 'construct' as a leader and not an individual that simply keeps metamorphosing like a snake shedding its skin.

• cattails
    cattails
    has 'construct' as a leader and not an individual that simply keeps metamorphosing like a snake shedding its skin.
    That's right GromitSK a many headed snake, poli-cephalous herpes hydra serpens, and it wreaths its way into the lives of unsuspecting gullibles and chokes and sucks the freedom out of 'em.

http://roberthood.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/devi-1.jpg

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Very graphic cattails :)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

agreed so far

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit