Paulapollos

by minimus 130 Replies latest jw friends

• cattails
    cattails

Wow, that video on the WCG becoming Grace Church International was definitely jawdropping.

Hey, PP, what would you say the chances would be of the WTS ever becoming a miracle of that sort?

For one I wouldn't think that the GB is gutsy enough like the Tkach's to do something like that, the

money and power are too much to loose for them.

One more thought about the video, the shake up of the WCG left some off-shoots just as legalistic

as Arrmstrongism was, and some even more legalistic, and they took some of the flock with them. Wow!

What would this forbode for the WTS? Would the Mediator issue wake up enough people for a mass schism?

• Chalam
    Chalam

One more thought about the video, the shake up of the WCG left some off-shoots just as legalistic

as Arrmstrongism was, and some even more legalistic, and they took some of the flock with them. Wow!

Some people like legalism, just like the Pharisees. That is the religious spirit. Shame no-one can be saved by observing the law :(

What would this forbode for the WTS?

It was several months ago I watched the film after someone posted it on here. I must watch it again.

However, from what I remember the answer to this question was the prayer (and fasting?) of born again Christians and the response of the Holy Spirit.

Blessings,

Stephen

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

As I was watching the WCG video, I kept thinking that the possibilities of something like happening in the JW’s religion are slim….veeeery slim. If by this point no significant change has been made, it is highly unlikely that there will be ANY in the near future. If anything, they are getting worse, more cultic, more demanding, more dictatorial. Look at the new so called “light” on the “generation” teaching, they already locked this illogic (and insulting) interpretation for the next 20-100 years.

It seems that the only options lefts for the conscious class are limited to leaving by fading, DF/DA, stay captive, play undercover apostate, or die in it. That’s it.

• acolytes
    acolytes

Hi Paulapollas were you sharing the same computer as faiththinking.

Acolytes

• cattails
    cattails
    It seems that the only options lefts for the conscious class are limited to leaving by fading, DF/DA, stay captive, play undercover apostate, or die in it. That’s it.

There may yet be another way for the "Conscious Class" to assert itself. It will take a gutsy approach and face possible reproach.

That is to partake of the emblems this March 30th, recognizing the ransoming sacrifice of the only Mediator between God and all people.

The WT leadership will be forced into making some quick re-thinking due to the ever increasing "Awake & Conscious" throngs actively attending KHs all over.

If you consider yourself of those in the "Conscious Class" take the next step, take the emblems, let the GB know their overlapping generations have had their day.

• minimus
    minimus

I'd like to know about the computer thingy too.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

The name of the person with the oddly similar computer thingy was called Faithisthekey.

The thing is, unlike with Caspian and Jemimah, the two London Bethelites who supported each other, Faith came on to challenge Paul about whether he was the person who was having an affair at the same time that the four were disfellowshipped.

So my theory at this stage is that Paulapollos left his computer unattended and that was the wife posting. Or, if he's left the wife already, then the lover.

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

cattails...

Sounds like a good option. But I wonder if they'll count me in the memorial as an anointed or as a loony... LOL

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

guys please remember that these poor ex bethelites have lost everything including their home. They may all be living in a hostel for all we know and it may be that there is just one computer that everyone in the hostel must share.

Paulapollos please feel free to ignore questions that sound daft (including mine)

• boyzone
    boyzone

Yes the computer thingy is odd but he knows people from Bethel that I know so I reckon he's kosher. The only thing that struck me was he mentioned studying the knowledge book. Couldn't help but wonder how a fairly new bro can rise to the rank of a bethelite elder in just a few years.

Not saying its a big deal, just a niggle thats all.

Sorry to doubt you PP but we can get some serious wind-up merchants on here, the last one being Angel-Eyes. Can you put our minds at rest?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit