Paulapollos

by minimus 130 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird
    There is a quote I need to find to back it up - a WT quote, basically saying, "we don;t need you apostates to teach us!"
    PP

To walk in divine light and not be misled by apostates, we need proper spiritual instruction. (Read 1 John 2:26-29.) Spirit-begotten ones have an " anointing " by holy spirit, have come to know God and his Son, and "do not need anyone [an apostate] to be teaching" them. By his anointing spirit, God "is teaching" spiritual Israelites "about all things" needed in order to worship him acceptably. (John 4:23,24; 6:45) We are delighted that as Jehovah's Witnesses we receive such spiritual instruction from God through "the faithful and discreet slave." WT 7/15/86, p.14 Sylvia

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Snowbird,

Thank you, that was what I was thinking of.

PP

• snowbird
    snowbird

You're welcome.

I culled it from Freeminds.

Thanks, Randy.

Sylvia

• minimus
    minimus

It's a lot easier to follow rules than to think for yourself.

I said this in the other thread, if one is a researcher, I would think that it would be easy to see the truth about "The Truth". If you're looking at context, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to see through the Watchtower's lens, unless you do not want to think outside the box, like most of the Organization's honchos.

So tell me, do you think the GB members ACTUALLY believe their own words?

• acolytes
    acolytes

Hi Paulapollaos

How are you and your wife surviving financially

Acolytes.

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Well, Minimus,

There is a large emphasis on being "spiritually mature" with regards to the Organisation. They now no longer say things like "We don't make mistakes". When Gerrit Losch came to London , he procedeed to give a talk to the entire family, where we had to sit and listen to him explaining that the GB had made mistakes, such as the Liberty Bonds issue. He brought it up, and he said, and I remember it clearly - "It was wrong. The faithful slave know that we make mistakes - we know it better than you do."

However, he then advised us to be "mature", since apostates use such errors to sow doubt in the minds of unsuspecting onces, and he advised us to do research into the Society publications to see the proofs that God is using the organisation. The primary proofs are the obvious ones, but Fred Franz's Prophetic Pictures also play a large part in it.

So do I think that the GB believe what they say? I think they believe that the Society is used by God, because of the various prophecies that they feel are or have been fulfilled upon them - especially the applications of Franz. In terms of understanding the Bible in context - there are very few "scholars", if any, in the WTBTS or on the GB. They get most of their "new light" from old commentaries. Sadly, I think that says all that needs to be said.

PP

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Acolytes,

work! that is the only way

• minimus
    minimus

So they believe that the legal, publishing house is used by God because of how they say Bible prophecy has been fulfilled (per Franz). Hmmm. That doesn't seem to be a strong basis for believing anything. I don't get that.

What about the Liberty Bonds????? Tell me about that, please.

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Minimus,

The Liberty Bonds was how he referred to it. It was the issuing of War Bonds, and he said that the FDS encouraged the buying of those bonds to support the war effort, then he said that they also encouraged Witnesses to pray for the American government to be victorious in the war.

There was a stony silence in the hall, and a lot of Bethelites were not happy during the days after, apparently because "it is not upbuilding."

Still, Gerrit has his own inimitable style, and is quite a conservative character. He was asked if he knew some of the "annointed" at Bethel, in a meet-and-greet session, and he responded, very curtly, with "I don't know all of them." Funny chap - said a lot of very conservative things during his visit, and made a few adjustments to Bethel routines that had some of the older ones getting annoyed.

PP

• Chalam
    Chalam

Why was that? It was because in rules, they had security, a way of proving that they were "good", and others needed to respect, and even take direction from them.

They aren't going to like the Kingdom then.

Romans 3:20 (New International Version)

20 Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

Romans 7:6 (New International Version)

6 But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Galatians 3:1-5 (New International Version)

Faith or Observance of the Law
    1 You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. 2 I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? 3 Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort? 4 Have you suffered so much for nothing—if it really was for nothing? 5 Does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you because you observe the law, or because you believe what you heard?

John 3:3 (New International Version)

3 In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."

Footnotes:
    1. John 3:3 Or born from above; also in verse 7

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit