NEW GENERATION DEFINED -- April 15, 2010 Watchtower

by Ultimate Reality 385 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sir82
    sir82
    speaking of that, why does such a big and important topic only get 2 meazly paragraphs in the wt article?? shouldn't it have a whole article dedicated to it, if not the entire issue??

This is the "new and improved" MO of the WT.

Rather than call attention to their glaring errors by publishing a big article dedicated to the change, they sneak "new light" into other articles with unrelated themes, so that it isn't as noticeable when things change.

• cantleave
    cantleave

You can feel how close the end is can't you! I can almost sniff it. Oh no - it my great grandfather - same generation as me even though he's dead.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I am of the same generation as Babe Ruth who died in 1948, since my father was born in 1944 and he was of the same generation as the Babe.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Confused about the generation?

Check it out here http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4126/generationh.jpg

WT Generation Chart

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision

All I got to say is WOW!

And they still have the balls to say

((He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed
    who were on hand when the sign began to become
    evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other
    anointed ones who would see the start of the great
    tribulation))

I would love to go to the meeting and sit and wait for this paragraph to be read and

shout (( JESUS EVIDENTLY MEANT IT? YOU FREAKIN LIER!! )) and then walk out.

DV

• sir82
    sir82

Hot spit!

I am of the same generation as Civil war veterans!

Surely there was someone 100 years old somewhere in the world when I was born in the mid-1960's. Their life "overlapped" mine, so we are of the same generation.

Awesome! I'm sure someone will come along and offer me outrageous sums of money to recount my "first-hand" recollections of those battles....

• Mary
    Mary

I don't think they used the word "evidently" near enough to give themselves another "out" somewhere down the road. Let us help them out:

"Although we evidently cannot measure the exact length of “this generation,” we evidently do well to keep in mind several things about the word “generation”: It evidently usually refers to people of varying ages whose lives evidently overlap during a particular time period; it is evidently not excessively long; and evidently has an end. (Ex. 1:6) How, then, are we to understand Jesus’ words about “this generation”? He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would evidently overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who evidently would see the start of the great tribulation. That generation evidently had a beginning, and it evidently surely will have an end. The fulfillment of the various features of the sign evidently clearly indicate that the tribulation must be near."

I can just see the Writing Department letting out a collection sigh of relief after they sent this crap to the presses: 'Whew!! That outta hold everyone for another 60 years!"

We should all start phoning the Writing Department demanding an explanation. LOL!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Some Dictionary definitions of "generation" I guess they didn't look it up before writing the article, just made up their own definition

1.the entire body of individuals born and living at about the same time: the postwar generation.
    2.the term of years, roughly 30 among human beings, accepted as the average period between the birth of parents and the birth of their offspring.
    3.a group of individuals, most of whom are the same approximate age, having similar ideas, problems, attitudes, etc.
    4.a group of individuals belonging to a specific category at the same time: Chaplin belonged to the generation of silent-screen stars.
    5.a single step in natural descent, as of human beings, animals, or plants.
    6.a form, type, class, etc., of objects existing at the same time and having many similarities or developed from a common model or ancestor: a new generation of computers.
    7.the offspring of a certain parent or couple, considered as a step in natural descent.
    8.the act or process of generating; procreation.
    9.the state of being generated.
    10.production by natural or artificial processes; evolution, as of heat or sound.
    11.Biology .
    a.one complete life cycle.
    b.one of the alternate phases that complete a life cycle having more than one phase: the gametophyte generation.
    12.Mathematics . the production of a geometrical figure by the motion of another figure.
    13.Physics . one of the successive sets of nuclei produced in a chain reaction.
    14.(in duplicating processes, as photocopying, film, etc.) the distance in duplicating steps that a copy is from the original work.
  • greenie
    greenie

Here's another thought: do average JWs describe themselves as you all as "2nd generation born-in," "3rd generation Witness," Etc.? Then they clearly™ understand what a generation is, right? Or is that just a JWN thing?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Greenie, thank you, that's a valid point I've not thought of before. I am a 3rd gen JW, or rather was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit