NEW GENERATION DEFINED -- April 15, 2010 Watchtower

by Ultimate Reality 385 Replies latest watchtower bible

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Oomps, I think they would teach they are only 2 overlappings and the age of the group following 1914 would be at least middle aged, right? Thus the end is close..and when this fails they fall back on they never said only 2 overlappings.

• journey-on
    journey-on

After this article is studied at the Watchtower meeting, there will probably be a song selection from the "new lite" songbook praising the FDS and their dispensing the spiritual food in due season.

Anybody know what the song selections are for that day? I bet'cha it's a selection that pulls the brainwashing all together in a neat little "data packet".

• peacedog
    peacedog

neverendingjourney:

As I referred to in my prior post on this topic, what happens when the number of anointed who have existed throughout the WT's history exceeds 144,000? If they keep adding "new" anointed every year, eventually it will be evident that more than 144k anointed have existed throughout WT history. Therefore, the overlapping anointed doctrine will not be able to save them forever unless they scrap 144k as a literal number or imply that many of the anointed were illegitimate.

The WT$ will be careful about this. Before long (especially now that the new understanding of "this generation" is in place) they will begin to cut back on the published number of partakers. It's enough that the rank and file know that there is some young blood now that can last for a few decades. Eventually (way down the road) there will be no choice but to call the 144k a "figurative" number. But they'll put that one off for as long as possible. (Imo)

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

these are the same people that brought you miracle wheat and dates from all over the place

I was re-reading Chapter 1 of Crisis of Conscience last night. In it, Franz recounts how in a 1940s convention Rutherford gathered all the children in attendance at the front and addressed his talk to them urging them to forego marriage because the end was imminent. That convention saw the release of the Children book, which encouraged the same. The official push for celibacy was not dropped until almost a decade later when the next president, Nathan Knorr, got married. That was nearly 70 years ago! To paraphrase Solomon "there is nothing new under the sun."

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

wow...just wow...these people never cease to amaze me

I feel like I look like my avatar right now

• nugget
    nugget

All this makes my head hurt. So someone claiming to be annointed but currently in their 50's or 60's who knew one of the annointed from the 1914 era is now part of the generation. If JWs are waiting for the generation to come to an end well so many who thought they wouldn't die must see their own mortality all of a sudden.

It is tragic all those who put off having children and lived simple lives of poverty must read paragraphs like these with a sinking feeling.

The generation has moved from my Grandparents generation to my parents and younger it is ridiculous.

• jambon1
    jambon1

What an unbelievable amount of horseshit (again).

3 or 4 years ago I would get excited about this sort of thing but time has taught me that most JW's just suck it up & accept it. There will be some that question it, get fed up & leave but I honestly don't think that there is anything they could publish which would provoke a 'mass exodus.' I find this quite sad but there you go, thats whatl years of listening to the same mind bending f**kery does to you.

I am personally astounded that they have chosen to re-write the definition of the word 'generation.' Absolutely nowhere will you find a dictionary which describes it in this way.

What a bunch of shithouses.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

OK, I have read this like 10 times and it still doesnt make sense. LOL

He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed
    who were on hand when the sign began to become
    evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other
    anointed ones who would see the start of the great
    tribulation.

It sounds like Jesus was TOTALLY confused as to what he was talking about at this point.

Like many have said, I think they are buying a bunch of more years - by the time this "new light" is proven wrong, most of "This Generation" will be gone.

That generation had a beginning, and it
    surely will have an end

Is this written for 6 year olds? - See Spot Run

The fulfillment of the various
    features of the sign clearly indicate that the tribulation
    must be near.

(Ok, this sentence could be in every WT article since the publication started)

WTF?????????????

• Emma
    Emma

I think my mom would have had trouble with this. I know there was a faint desperation in her as she got old. She and my grandmother came into the "truth" in the early 1950s because my uncle and grandfather had died and they wanted to see them again in "paradise" and also had great fear of death for themselves. There have got to be people who are in who are desperately trying to hold on.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

'when it fails they will say that 'some of Jehovah's people have speculated that this could only last 2 generations...'

Exactly Isaacaustin. Great point and I believe premeditated on the part of the Society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit