Christian Arrogance

by startingover 104 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Natural "disasters" have noting to do with God or God supposed "will".

It's his game, he made the rules. He's all powerful, oh and he's a loving god too.

• Calebs Airplane
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

startingover - "Christian Arrogance...Maybe arrogance is not the right word but I can find no other that describes what I see."

Ironically, there is a word for it in the Christian lexicon... "hubris".

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Startingover

Maybe arrogance is not the right word but I can find no other that describes what I see. The idea expressed by some christians on this board is that somehow god specifically chose them.

Yes. Arrogance will do fine.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Arrogance is not limited to the religious. Not a few politicians are also arrogant and believing their course is the only right one will steam ahead with it though many oppose them.

Believing their course is the right course they would risk, and lose, thousands of lives in ventures which later have proven foolhardy. Yet, they stand in Congress and do not flinch, they do not admit to error.

Arrogance is not limited to the religious. If we are not careful we ourselves can fall into the same thinking; that what we believe is the ONLY way to believe, the ONLY way to think, and therefore the ONLY right way.

Nuance is important. Open thinking is important.

Frank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit